Seeking Assistance with Modbus TCP Communication on RevPi Core

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
SkarojAbba
Answers: 0

Seeking Assistance with Modbus TCP Communication on RevPi Core

Post by SkarojAbba »

I’m currently working on a project involving the RevPi Core and I’m having some difficulties with Modbus TCP communication. I’m trying to establish a connection between my RevPi Core and a Modbus TCP server, but I’m encountering some issues that I can’t seem to resolve.

Here’s a brief overview of my setup:

RevPi Core running the latest PiCtory software.
Modbus TCP server connected to the same network as the RevPi Core.
I’m using the Modbus TCP client functionality in PiCtory to communicate with the server.
The issue I’m facing is that the RevPi Core is not able to read data from the Modbus TCP server. I’ve double-checked the IP address and port number, and they are correct. I’ve also tried using a Modbus TCP test tool on my PC, and it’s able to communicate with the server without any issues.

I’ve looked through the PiCtory documentation and tried various troubleshooting steps, but nothing seems to work. I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar issue and could provide some guidance.

Here are some specific questions I have:

Are there any specific settings in PiCtory that I need to configure for Modbus TCP communication?
Is there a way to debug the Modbus TCP communication on the RevPi Core to identify where the issue might be?
Could this be a compatibility issue between the RevPi Core and the Modbus TCP server?
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Seeking Assistance with Modbus TCP Communication on RevPi Core

Post by dirk »

Hi SkarojAbba, thanks for the detailed description of the problem. Do you already know this video tutorial?
https://revolutionpi.com/en/tutorials/v ... rials#VT20