DIO Driver Issue Codesys

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
nathant
Answers: 0

DIO Driver Issue Codesys

Post by nathant »

Hello - I am trying to configure the DIO modules for a RevPi Connect SE in Codesys but I keep getting the error that the piBridge can't find the Extension Gateway, Extension Modules, or Extension Bus. I have tried various versions of the RevPi packages with various versions of Codesys. So far nothing has worked. Please let me know how I can solve this.

Please don't delete this post. I need an answer to this to make my $500 product function as intended. Thanks.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: DIO Driver Issue Codesys

Post by dirk »

Dear nathant, installing CODESYS with the Revolution Pi can be challenging. There are paths that can lead to dead ends. To help you navigate through the installation jungle, I can provide you with this checklist which will lead you to success:
https://kunbus-gmbh.atlassian.net/servi ... 2687893508
Then simply run the "Example Blinking Light" demo which is available here:
https://revolutionpi.com/tutorials/beis ... -light-2-2
You don't have to program this separately, it is available as a ready-to-use application in the download area under Revolution Pi Library for CODESYS V1.4.0.0 (ID: 6985)
https://revolutionpi.com/tutorials/downloads#driver
nathant

Post by nathant »

So that first link is saying that I need 32bit Codesys? I really hope this is the solution because as I said I downloaded the RevPi package numerous times.
nathant

Post by nathant »

So I have downloaded the 32 bit version of Codesys 3.5.19.0 and still get the same issue. What's going on. I need a solution as soon as possible. It really shouldn't be this difficult. Please allow me to set up a Teams meeting or something. I need your $1000 worth of product to work as I intended.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear nathant, please check whether you have also installed a 32-bit Revolution Pi image, for example with

Code: Select all

pi@RevPi99988:~ $ cat /etc/revpi/image-release
2023-09-26-revpi-bullseye-armhf.img
pi@RevPi99988:~ $ uname -a
Linux RevPi99988 5.10.152-rt75-v7l #1 SMP PREEMPT_RT Tue, 26 Sep 2023 09:43:32 +0200 armv7l GNU/Linux
nathant

Post by nathant »

Great. I added the random file in the Linux terminal like the instructions said. That removed the error with the piBridge. Unfortunately a few minutes later, now I can't even ping the device. What's going on now? I mean this is pathetic man. Every step of the way presents a new challenge that will take multiple days to solve.
nathant

Post by nathant »

Will installing a new image reset the IP address I set for Ethernet Port 1? Because that's not an option for me since the microHDMI port has broken and fallen into the module. I will not be able to reset the IP address via ethernet either because my company won't supply me a DHCP capable router.
nathant

Post by nathant »

I apologize but I really don't understand what any of the code you pasted is for. Am I supposed to follow this tutorial https://revolutionpi.com/tutorials/imag ... nd-stretch ?
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Nathan, I feel really sorry for you - with a broken HDMI port, Ethernet without DHCP and all these other difficulties with CODESYS. I can only say I'm with you so that you, and we, can get off to a successful start together in the Revolution Pi community!

Reset to factory defaults → see RevPi Checklist
  • Download and flash a compatible 32 Bit image, i.e. RevPi Bullseye (09/2023) (ID: 7478) - see Video Tutorial #1 Image or if you enjoy reading yes, the link above you have already found
  • You should use a DHCP capable network device. Even a Software DHCP Server is possible, i.e. that one https://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/download/ and perform the first login
  • Then after first login perform the "revpi-factory-reset" so you reset to factory defaults "marriage" between front and credentials and your device. If you have a RevPi Connect 4 device, you see a terminal window and just click ok and reboot
Install CODESYS → see CODESYS Checklist
nathant

Post by nathant »

Latest issues is that I can connect to the IO module fine in Codesus. But when I map an output variable (in the RevPi DIO in Codesys), the correct pin doesn't change with the value. For instance I mapped Output 13 to my test variable but when I toggled it on, the signal shows up on Outputs 3 & 5 (it's different and random on every download), not 13. Do you know what this issue is? Thanks.