RevPI BOM availability

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Denrik
Answers: 0

RevPI BOM availability

Post by Denrik »

Hi,
We had a power supply fail catastrophically which caused a bunch of RevPi Cores and modules to die. I think that it is mostly the input protection and maybe some DC/DC converters that have failed. Can you share the BOM's for the Core and RevPi DIO/AIO/MIO modules? I've looked through the schematics and a lot of the passives/diodes does not have a part number associated.

Thanks and best regards,
Denrik
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPI BOM availability

Post by dirk »

Hello Denrik I am upset to hear that units have suffered hardware damage. Our devices are protected by reverse polarity. However, as described in video tutorial #12, there is a combination that allows currents to flow through the PiBridge and destroy the modules. I will take care of your request for the missing values of the circuit diagrams. Thank you for your patience.
Can you tell us more about the structure of your objection or give details of what led to the destruction of the devices?
Denrik

Post by Denrik »

dirk wrote: 21 Jul 2023, 17:10 Hello Denrik I am upset to hear that units have suffered hardware damage. Our devices are protected by reverse polarity. However, as described in video tutorial #12, there is a combination that allows currents to flow through the PiBridge and destroy the modules. I will take care of your request for the missing values of the circuit diagrams. Thank you for your patience.
Can you tell us more about the structure of your objection or give details of what led to the destruction of the devices?
Hi Dirk, thanks for your prompt reply. If its easier for you guys the BOM list is also fine, then we can look up the designator from the circuit diagrams and correlate.
So in our setup we have to spin up some rather large DC motors, for this we have a large battery bank (High voltage DC) to provide enough energy during startup. We use the same batteries with a custom made DC/DC converter to down regulate the voltage and use with RevPi since it would also give up a battery backup. Here we had a faulty unit which caused a some what direct link between the batteries (HV DC) and the 24V input to the our RevPI devices. So this is entirely our own fault and I think most other PLC devices would have failed under the same circumstances :)

However the input protection did its job, since most of the damage seems to be in that area and only to components according to our HW guys who took a look at it on site - So it should be fixable.

Best regards,
Denrik
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi Denrik, unfortunately there is no public BOM list. Send us the list of components you are interested in and we will check and give you an answer.
Denrik

Post by Denrik »

dirk wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 13:12 Hi Denrik, unfortunately there is no public BOM list. Send us the list of components you are interested in and we will check and give you an answer.
Thanks for the help Dirk. Basically its mostly protection passives we're interested in for the following:

Code: Select all

RevPi Core: 
D205
RV202
RV203
L206
L207
C221 
D203
D204 

RevPi DIO: 
D202
C201 
RV200
RV201
L202 
L200
L203 
D200
D201

RevPi AIO: 
D102
C103 
C101
L102
L101
L103 
D100 
D103 
D101 
D303 
C315
C316
Hopefully we will be able to find stock or at least find some alternatives.

Best regards,
Denrik
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi Denrik, could you provide the LPxxx numbers? You can find them on the circuit boards.