Documentation and Compiler options for C

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Domenec
Answers: 0

Documentation and Compiler options for C

Post by Domenec »

Hi!!
I just got started with a RevPiConnect+ with the DIO expansion and I've been watching the videos to set everything up.

My prefered language is C , so this video was very helpful to get started.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug8WJmfFjYY
I wanted to ask if you have any page of documentation anywhere where I can check functions return values etc. It is very handy when developing programs.
Also I would like to know if there's any examples of other compiling options like sh compile.sh or similar. Since I'm not very used to make files.

Finally , I'm facing the same problem of this post : viewtopic.php?t=3682 with my RevPi Core, it's supposed to be solved but I'm not really sure. I've also tried to install older versions of Buster with no luck.
Maybe has something to do with doing the installation from Linux and not Windows?

Regards,
Domenec.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Documentation and Compiler options for C

Post by dirk »

Hi Domenec,
Firstly, a warm welcome to the Revolution Pi community and I'm glad you've already been able to try out a few things and that the videos have been helpful.
Unfortunately, the topic of documentation is a very diverse one currently, including the code samples and all the scattered sources of information that come up.
The forum, newsletters, the videos, GitHub repositories, downloads, README files and so on it's just very diverse already - we're working on simplifying it.

The documentation of the code examples can be found very specifically in the code examples themselves and the GitHub repositories.

The problem you addressed has already been addressed and discussed in the post, thank you for pointing it out.

If you have any questions, just get in touch, and I'll be happy to answer your questions, make your first impression and share your journey with the Revolution Pi community.
Domenec

Post by Domenec »

dirk wrote: 14 Jul 2023, 10:23
The problem you addressed has already been addressed and discussed in the post, thank you for pointing it out.
The problem is I'm still getting the same error , even after the release of the new Buster image. Fortunately I have a Connect+ I can work in the meantime , but I would like to also use the Core RevPi.

I doing some projects to research the revPi and I have some questions about them.
Is revPi suitable to controll StepperMotors?
I've seen a video on your channel where one of your members did something with it, but using a custom module. Any updates on that?
I've been trying to make a simple test to try if it works and I'm starting to think revPi is not able to generate frequency signals fast in order to control the stepper motors.
I've made it work , but the stepper motor moves erratically.
Is it because of the 24V pulses?
Have you guys attempted to do something simillar to this?

I can share the code or the hardware used if necessary.

Domenec.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi Domenec, unfortunately Core 1 is only officially supported until "Stretch". Unfortunately, stepper motors cannot be operated with the RevPi modules.
You mean this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJQF1QnQHcc this was great work from a former worker.
Domenec

Post by Domenec »

Okay , thank you. I will give it a try with the Stretch image, thank you for answering me!!