RED LIGHT OUTPUT - DO MODULE

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
jmvr0010
Answers: 0

RED LIGHT OUTPUT - DO MODULE

Post by jmvr0010 »

Hello,

I have a serious problem in a DO module... Output light always is RED so digital output is fall... I check datasheet of this module and the faillure is related to power supply...

At the moment, I have a power supply 24V-10A to turn on several leds ( < 7W) so it is not problem about the power supply. Also, I put electrolitics capacitors in X2 to avoid some peak voltage... It has happened to me in 3 DO modules from September 2021 and I do not know what is happening...

I contacted to technical support and I have not good feedback...Also, I reset driver in terminal with te next command: piTest -x and DO module is again KO...

Please, could you help me someone? Nowdays, there are not stock of this module and I have to repair.

I am dissapointed with these modules...

Attachments
image001.png
image001.png (470.34 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
giuseppe
KUNBUS

Re: RED LIGHT OUTPUT - DO MODULE

Post by giuseppe »

Hello,
can you check which PiCtory version you have installed on your RevPi?
The latest version is 2.0.6.
You can try to update the software.

There are known issues with DI, DO, MIO modules with version 2.0.5.

See the following link for more information about this problem and how to update.

viewtopic.php?p=12226#p12226

If the problem still exists, you can go through the checklist. Link Below.
https://kunbus-gmbh.atlassian.net/servi ... /836468748

And if that doesn't help either, you can upload your Kernel log.

Best regards
Giuseppe Pagano
jmvr0010

Post by jmvr0010 »

Thank you so much Giuseppe,

I check my pictory version so it is 1.4.7 . I have a Revpicore 3 but I can not updated to 2.0.6

I do not understand...
jmvr0010

Post by jmvr0010 »

Hello Giuseppe,

I installed new imagen in Revpicore 3, Revpi Buster with 2.0.6 pictory version. Unfortunaley, I do not solve the problem, DO module continue with RED LIGHT OUTPUT...Also, I execute piTest -x...

To be honest, I am dissapointed with your company... Your products are not reliables in a serious products. In my opinion, Revpi is for children...

Could you help me in another way?

You told me that this problem is due a bug. Have you got documentation about the resolve of this problem with pictory 2.0.6?
jmvr0010 wrote: 17 May 2022, 12:21 Thank you so much Giuseppe,

I check my pictory version so it is 1.4.7 . I have a Revpicore 3 but I can not updated to 2.0.6

I do not understand...
kjkoster
Answers: 2

Post by kjkoster »

Dear jmvr,

I cannot see how the module's X2 connector is wired. Did you connect 0 and 24V to the X2 connector?

Kees Jan

PS. Please behave professionally in your posts.