Monitor problem

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Fredrik
Answers: 0

Monitor problem

Post by Fredrik »

Hello!
I recently purchased two revPi core 3+ modules, configuring them was no problems and both working as expected connected to monitor via micro-hdmi cabel.

Now one of them doesn't work with the monitor anymore (the second is sent elsewhere so I can't test it)
The monitor does not get any signal from the revPi.
The RevPi does work with ssh and I can not see anything strange in logs etc.

I have tried
- changing cables
- changing monitor
- almost every possible configuration in /boot/config.txt

The monitor is showing "Check signal cable" or just goes into standby mode depending on cable setup.
All cables and monitors work without problems with other Raspberry Pi and other gadgets.

However, I can get information from the monitor using the tvservice command. I can dump the edid from the
monitor and it shows the correct information from what I can tell. If I change monitor I get the new edid info.
So some kind of communication is working.
But the monitor never get any signal from the RevPi.

I suspect this to be a HW fault, or do you have any suggestions?

Best regards / Fredrik
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Monitor problem

Post by dirk »

Hi Fredrik, thank you for your informations and all of your investigations you have done so far. I can send you a RMA form via E-Mail. There are two things we have in mind which could avoid a RMA.
Some cheap HDMI cables use shield as ground and therefore may be the root cause of this error. The other thing we have seen here is that sometimes this problem can be avoided by unplugging all USB connections during the start up.
Afterwards you may connect them. So please let me know if I shall send you the RMA form.
Fredrik
Answers: 0

Re: Monitor problem

Post by Fredrik »

Hi again and thanks for the tips.
I have tested two different micro-hdmi adapters and two different cables so I find it difficult to believe they are the cause since it worked without problems when I first configured the RevPi:s.
Also booted without anything connected to the USB ports.
I forgot to mention that I also re-flashed the RevPi with the default image but it did not solve anything.
So please send the RMA, thank you!

Best regards / Fredrik