Can't boot gateway to be recognized by RPIBoot

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
ECNJAPR
Answers: 0

Can't boot gateway to be recognized by RPIBoot

Post by ECNJAPR »

I have a backup of the Image before I started to install libraries on the RevPi. For development purpose I tried to boot from a USB by following the next guide from the official Raspberry Pi page to enable USB Boot.https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... des/msd.md

After failing to boot because I need to remove the eMMc storage to let the USB boot, I continued to search for another solutions to use more storage.

Now I want to restore my backup image or install a new image from the page, but I can´t boot into install mode. When I turn the gateway with the micro-USB connected to my PC the Led A3 stays in red for ever; also if I try access from PuTTy I get a communication error. It looks like the gateway is waiting to boot from the micro-USB.
I can't get to show the storage from the gateway in my PC in any way, but I can boot normally the device if not connected with any USB.

Any suggestion, I am working with a RevPi Connect, I also have a RevPi Core 3 but don't want to mess with that one.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Can't boot gateway to be recognized by RPIBoot

Post by dirk »

Hi never mind just download the actual image which is the "Stretch" (03/2019) from the shop and follow the video tutorial #1 Image. If you run into troubles with the RPiBoot.exe tool just have a look into the FAQs.