.asp Net Core Web Api

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
FerreiraMlg
Answers: 0

.asp Net Core Web Api

Post by FerreiraMlg »

Hi Guys,

I have fully functional Web Api developed on ASP .Net in Visual Studio. I have published and transferred it to the RevPi.

I have been stuck for hours getting .Net Core SDK or the run time working on the RevPi. The RevPi is up to date, and I have all the dependencies installed.
I have downloaded the 3.1.2 SDK and RunTime from the Microsoft Website for the Linux ARM32 Binaries, and their instructions.
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.1

Code: Select all

mkdir -p $HOME/dotnet && tar zxf dotnet-sdk-3.1.200-linux-arm.tar.gz -C $HOME/dotnet
export DOTNET_ROOT=$HOME/dotnet
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/dotnet
I have followed many tutorials online and cannot make it work. I know the RevPi is based on the Raspberry Pi 3. So is there any difference that would stop me to have a Web App or Web API running on it?

Cheers.
jgerlach-erminas
Official 3rd Party Support Erminas

Re: .asp Net Core Web Api

Post by jgerlach-erminas »

Hi FerreiraMlg,

this has worked for us:

wget https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/da60c9fc-c329-42d6-afaf-b8ef2bbadcf3/14655b5928319349e78da3327874592a/aspnetcore-runtime-3.1.1-linux-arm.tar.gz

mkdir -p $HOME/dotnet && tar zxf aspnetcore-runtime-3.1.1-linux-arm.tar.gz -C $HOME/dotnet

rm aspnetcore-runtime-3.1.1-linux-arm.tar.gz

sudo ln -s ~/dotnet/dotnet /usr/bin/dotnet
Publish your asp net core web application project and copy the published files to your RevPi. Then run this in the target folder:

dotnet WebApplication.dll
Please post your error messages if it is still not working.

Greetings,
Jones
FerreiraMlg

Post by FerreiraMlg »

Thanks for your reply.
I did get success installing .Net Core and Asp. I don't really know what I was doing wrong as most of the tutorials are exactly the same instructions, exactly those you wrote.

dotnet --info
.NET Core SDK (reflecting any global.json):
 Version:   3.1.200
 Commit:    c5123d973b

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     raspbian
 OS Version:  9
 OS Platform: Linux
 RID:         linux-arm
 Base Path:   /home/pi/dotnet/sdk/3.1.200/

Host (useful for support):
  Version: 3.1.2
  Commit:  916b5cba26

.NET Core SDKs installed:
  3.1.200 [/home/pi/dotnet/sdk]

.NET Core runtimes installed:
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.2 [/home/pi/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.2 [/home/pi/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]

To install additional .NET Core runtimes or SDKs:
  https://aka.ms/dotnet-download
I am having another issue now, that I cannot find anything exactly as, and can be my lack of knowledge on Web Development that is confusing me.

I got the .Net ASP MVC Solution on my Visual Studio on the laptop (Windows). Which publish target option should I use to publish to deploy for the Pi?
I have been selecting Folder. Copy the files into the Raspberry Pi. Giving full read/write rights to the folder.
On the PI command line run "dotnet my.dll". Which returns the following:

A fatal error was encountered. The library 'libhostpolicy.so' required to execute the application was not found in '/home/pi/Becker/Api/bin/'.
Failed to run as a self-contained app. If this should be a framework-dependent app, add the /home/pi/Becker/Api/bin/BeckerSmartFanApi.runtimeconfig.json file specifying the appropriate framework.
jgerlach-erminas
Official 3rd Party Support Erminas

Post by jgerlach-erminas »

Hi,

try this configuration in your csproj file:

<PropertyGroup>
    <GenerateDocumentationFile>true</GenerateDocumentationFile>
  </PropertyGroup>
This should solve your issue, see also here.
To my knowledge there are no restrictions to the publishing profile, apart from obvious nonsense like setting the target runtime to windows.