piBridgeRight - device not found

ienecode

piBridgeRight - device not found

Post by ienecode »

Hi,

I have a litte problem with configure extension DIO module in my RevPi Core SE working witch CODESYS.
I am connected RevPi Core SE with the DIO module by PiBridgePlug, and created my first project in Codesys.
Actually DIO works, but I have a problems like below on screen:
Attachments
12.jpg
dirk
KUNBUS

Re: piBridgeRight - device not found

Post by dirk »

Hello ienecode, thank you for your comprehensive report.
In the screenshot log you could see config.rsc write failed.This is due to incorrect PlaceholderFilePath configured in /etc/CODESYSControl_User.cfg
image-20240429-082500.png
The following reference is from release notes from RevolutionPiBridgeV1.4.1.99 beta:

In the Revolution Pi Library for CODESYS, file write access under the following folder, /etc/revpi/, is required to create a config.rsc file based on devices configured in the CODESYS application project. The CODESYS project using the KUNBUS RevolutionPiBridge IO library creates a configuration file /etc/revpi/config.rsc, which is basically the PiCtory file /var/www/revpi/pictory/projects/_config.rsc.

Customers using Revolution Pi CODESYS devices will therefore have to manually configure appropriate PlaceholderFilePath in /etc/CODESYSControl_User.cfg as mentioned below:

For CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL - 4.8.0.0

Code: Select all

[SysFile]
PlaceholderFilePath.1=/etc/revpi, $configrsc$
For CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL - 4.10.0.0

[SysFile]
PlaceholderFilePath.2=/etc/revpi, $configrsc$
Note: When using CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL - 4.10.0.0 you may be required
to increase the PlaceholderFilePath from default 1 to 2.This may be due to the CODESYS Control occupying this path internally.

CODESYS Forge - CODESYS Forge / Talk / Engineering 🇬🇧: After un upgrade of "CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL" from v4.7 to v4.9 SysFileOpen function stopped working

Restart CODESYS Control to load the new changes from /etc/CODESYSControl_User.cfg.
Alternatively, you could reboot the device, and the changes will be automatically loaded from the user configuration file at the start of CODESYS Control.

sudo service codesyscontrol restart
ienecode

Re: piBridgeRight - device not found

Post by ienecode »

Hello dirk, thank you for your help. Now everything works fine.