Node Red Won't launch

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
rsimone88
Answers: 0

Re: Node Red Won't launch

Post by rsimone88 »

so the computer im using with the node red starting issue has ubuntu as an operating system. However when i use my laptop, which is running on windows 10, node red starts up as it should with no issue. No idea why hope the context helps.
DarylDominique
Answers: 0

Re: Node Red Won't launch

Post by DarylDominique »

rsimone88 wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 03:08 So i figured out how to edit the nodered.service file in the terminal. Unfortunately i still have the same issue with the error message ;

Node-RED service not ready yet ... please retry ...

not sure what to do now
Here's more granular instructions that I wrote in response to another individual having the same problem. See if following these carefully still results in the same issue:
DarylDominique wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 19:53
yuweichong wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 04:45 Hi Daryl, may I know are you able to save the file after you removed the Group=pi line? I am having a permission denied problem.
It does require elevated permissions to edit the file. I did the following:
  • Sign into the pi command line (Via SSH or on the pi itself, whatever you're using)
  • type

Code: Select all

sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/nodered.service
    and hit "Enter". It may prompt you to re-enter your password.
  • Find and remove the "Group=pi" line.
  • CTRL+X to Save and Close. It will prompt you Y or N to save the buffer, hit Y. It will then list the file name to write, just hit "Enter" to overwrite the file with your edits.
  • Reboot the pi and you should be able to use Node-Red as expected.
Let me know if that works!