RevPi Connect SE Sensor Connection

Rund um die Hardware des Revolution Pi
user123
Answers: 0

RevPi Connect SE Sensor Connection

Post by user123 »

Hey RevPi Community,

I am currently using a RevPi Connect SE, which is connected via the RS485 serial port to a measurement sensor. I have verified the wire connection, and it appears to be correct. However, I am facing an issue where I am not receiving any sensor data. I followed the instructions for the Modbus-RTU Slave and created a Node-Red flow, but unfortunately, there is no debugging information available. Although it worked temporarily, I now encounter an access denied error when typing /dev/ttyRS485 in the command line.

Could someone assist me with this issue?

Thank you in advance!
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPi Connect SE Sensor Connection

Post by dirk »

Hello user123, ok so you have configured your connection like in video tutorial #21?
Take a look at the instructions in that post for debugging the status registers:
viewtopic.php?p=15497&hilit=modbus+rtu+status#p15497
What kind of sensor do you have and which serial parameters have to be set, i.e. baud rate, Modbus address, stop bits, parity?
Did the connection work once? If not, then a logic analyzer or an oscilloscope may be helpful to investigate the RS485 line.
user123

Post by user123 »

I’m working with a magnetic measurement sensor that slides along a metal band and displays its readings on an internal display. The communication setup i've configured is for Modbus RTU Slave Slave like this: https://kunbus-gmbh.atlassian.net/servi ... /416055479 . Here are the details:
baud rate: 9600, Modbus address: non, stop bits: 1, parity non
9600 Baud / 8 Databit / No parity / 1 Stopbit (9600/8/N/1)

The sensor data worked once, and after that, it didn’t show me any
Attachments
3.png
2.png
1.png
Last edited by user123 on 11 Mar 2024, 10:51, edited 2 times in total.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi user123, can you say what might have changed since the Modbus communication stopped working?
Can you say what is in the status registers?
https://revolutionpi.com/en/tutorials/m ... rect=en-US

Here is a troubleshooting that is related to this you have to translate it but maybe it helps to jump into it quicker.
viewtopic.php?p=15524&hilit=modbus+stat ... ter#p15524
user123

Post by user123 »

Sorry for the late reply, i changed anything, i dont know whats going on with this device, i also followed the instruction you have sent me but there is no change.