What is the recommended software for creating HMI running on the RevPi Core?

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
todor.v.dimitrov
Answers: 0

What is the recommended software for creating HMI running on the RevPi Core?

Post by todor.v.dimitrov »

Hello world,

I am looking for suggestions about HMI design software that can run directly on the RevPi Core S, with an HDMI cable connected to a simple monitor and the running HMI is not browser-based. This is the set up I am considering right now:
1. The HMI design tool should create its own executable binary that contains its usual HMI stuff. It should not be browser-based, because browsers create unnecessary overhead.
2. The RevPi Core S should be simply connected to a screen through a simple HDMI cable. There is no need for a dedicated HMI panel with mysterious software, since I have lots of free CPU power to make use of.
3. It would be great if the design tool lets you draw your own shapes easily.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Todor
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: What is the recommended software for creating HMI running on the RevPi Core?

Post by dirk »

Hi Tudor, interesting request, I have not dealt with it myself so far. Here I found something interesting based on PyQT5 and with a Raspberry Pi:
Please note that you do not have to control your application via GPIOs but via the process image. This is one of the differences between Raspberry Pi and Revolution Pi ;)
Here is a good little introduction to Python with the Revolution Pi:
RevolutionPi Python Introduction
todor.v.dimitrov
Answers: 0

Re: What is the recommended software for creating HMI running on the RevPi Core?

Post by todor.v.dimitrov »

Thank you very much, Dirk! I am trying this out now.