RevPi - node-red-contrib-revpi-nodes wont update

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
mitchellday06
Answers: 0

RevPi - node-red-contrib-revpi-nodes wont update

Post by mitchellday06 »

Hi,
I am looking to update the Node Red and other Libraries such as revpi nodes (1.1.0). I am having trouble updating the revpi nodes package as it is saying bad engine.
It is saying I need NodeJS version16+.
Can I confirm the RevPI Connect+ using OS Buster is fine to upgrade to NodeJS 16 without breaking anything?
Currently I am using node v14.21.1 and Node-Red 3.0.2
Mitchell
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Re: RevPi - node-red-contrib-revpi-nodes wont update

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello Mitchell,
there's no guarantee that everything will function normally after an update due to the complexity of software dependencies. However, using tools like the provided curl script described here can help manage the update process more smoothly.

Please read the information about the node-red and Revolution Pi on the following article: Best Regards,

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
mitchellday06

Post by mitchellday06 »

Can I confirm which versions of NodeJS and NodeRed are confirmed to work with the RevPI connect+?
When you say unsure if it will break, do you mean the 3rd party libraries?

Mitchell
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Post by u.biakoup »

mitchellday06 wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 12:37 Can I confirm which versions of Node.js and Node-RED are confirmed to work with the RevPi connect+?
When you say unsure if it will break, do you mean the 3rd party libraries?

Mitchell
If you install using the articles I provided in my previous post, the system should work correctly. However, attempting manual updates may lead to potential issues. As of the current OS Buster version, all RevPi-node components are at the correct version. On our download page, there is a Full Buster image that includes Node-Red. It's a plug-and-play solution, making it easier for you to work with.

Best Regards

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
mitchellday06

Post by mitchellday06 »

Ok thanks. Sorry your wording made it seem like there could be issues, which I was not wanting to risk.
I updated the revpinodes-server and then used the script you suggested.
Wasn't recognizing the server. But just restart the nodes-server and was good to go.

Thanks again.