Detect Addon module Connection Status - NodeRed

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
mitchellday06
Answers: 0

Detect Addon module Connection Status - NodeRed

Post by mitchellday06 »

Hi,
I was wondering if there is any type of module state detection for addon modules in NodeRed.

I have 2 x MIO an AIO and a DIO. I wanted to have checks to see if the state disconnects or errors, then to perform some logic.

Mitchell
stefanh
KUNBUS

Re: Detect Addon module Connection Status - NodeRed

Post by stefanh »

Hi ,

you can monitor the modules, but this is different depending on the modules.

Make sure that you have set up your hardware correctly in PiCtory as Start-Config. and that Node-RED & the Node-RED RevPi Nodes Server is activated in Webstatus.

For the DIO module you can evaluate the variable "PIN: Status", if the module is OK it will give you a 0, if it fails an 841. For the AIO, you can analyze a status for each individual input and output. The variables are called OutputStatus_1 & InputValue_1 and so on. Unfortunately, the MIO itself does not provide a status.

Thank you for your contribution here in the forum, we have some homework to do so that all modules provide uniform statuses with documented error codes in future.

Regards
Stefan

Suppport | KUNBUS
mitchellday06

Re: Detect Addon module Connection Status - NodeRed

Post by mitchellday06 »

So if I analyzed an analogue input on the AIO, it could return a fail purely because of that one input? So to know if it is the module, would have to return failed for all?