RevPi Connect S cannot boot after power cycle

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
j36701
Answers: 0

RevPi Connect S cannot boot after power cycle

Post by j36701 »

Hi,
I have an experimental setup including a RevPi Connect S. Previously it worked fine but during a power cycle the device would not boot. So I decided to write a new image to the device according to https://revolutionpi.com/tutorials/imag ... nd-stretch
After this the deviced booted up and I could access the device. Now, after yet another power cycle the device will not boot again. I dont get any output from the HDMI or activity on ethernet port. LED WD, REL and PWR all green, A1 weak red...

Any idea whats going on?
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Re: RevPi Connect S cannot boot after power cycle

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello j36701,

I hope you're well. I noticed you're encountering issues with your RevPi Connect S. Could you please provide more details about the specific image you are trying to write to your RevPi Connect S? Additionally, could you please let me know if this is the first time you are commissioning this device or if they have worked with a different image previously?

This information will help us better understand your situation and provide you with more accurate assistance.

Best Regards,
Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
j36701

Post by j36701 »

Hi,
Thanks for your support.
So my device is the RevPi Connect S 32GB. I have both used Bullseye ID: 7324 and Buster ID: 6571 from: https://revolutionpi.com/tutorials/down ... evpiimages
The device has been working fine with both images before. After power cycle it did not boot so I tried to write the image, ID:6571, succsessfully again with win32diskmgr but the device will still not boot. Seems like the device still thinks that the micro USB is connected...

This issue seems very similar to: viewtopic.php?t=4100
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Post by u.biakoup »

Hi,
Please try it with another image again ID: 7320) and let me know if it's work.

Best Regards

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
j36701

Post by j36701 »

Hi,
I wrote image ID:7320 with succsess to the device. It still wont boot...
So, I contacted the local supplier and they agreed to replace the device. I've now got a new one up and running with image (ID:7320). So far everything seems to be working as expected.
///J