Web login on model Flat

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
mats-olov_rustad
Answers: 0

Web login on model Flat

Post by mats-olov_rustad »

We have installed a Kunbus module model Flat at a customer site with wired communication. The IT security department of the customer have complained that TeamViewerwas active on our modules without us having notified them about it. I logged on to the web on the other 9 modules of model Connect+ and disabled the TeamViewer service. I could not log on to the Flat module. When I enter admin and the password on the sticker of the module I get the message "ERROR: User unknown or password invalid". I can log on to ssh with the user name pi and the same password so it seems the password on the sticker is at least partially correct.

How can I log on to the web interface of the Flat module?
/Mats-Olov Rustad
Application Developer
ASFT Industries AB
giuseppe
KUNBUS

Re: Web login on model Flat

Post by giuseppe »

Hello,
You can try resetting your admin password.
Like on the picture below.
Reset Password PiCtory
Reset Password PiCtory
PiCtory_reset_PW.png (65.24 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
I hope this will solve your problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen | Best regards
Giuseppe Pagano | Technical Support
mats-olov_rustad

Hi

I tried to enter admin as the user name and then click on the link Reset Password to Default. The web page was updated to say that the password was reset. I then tried to logon to the Flat module using the user name admin and the password printed on the side sticker. I still got the message "ERROR: User unknown or password invalid". Yesterday I logged on to the same module using ssh with the user name pi and the same password from the sticker. I was logged on to the module.

What is wrong with the web logon? Is there some file I can delete or edit using ssh that the web interface uses as password storage?

Yesterday I also found out what happens when you disable the TeamViewer service in the web interface on a Connect+ module also running the firmware based on Stretch (as the Flat module). The background systemd service teamviewer-revpi.service is stopped and disabled. The background service teamviewer-iot-mon-agent.service remains enabled and running even when TeamViewer is disabled in the Services tab of the web interface.

I managed to do what I needed to do by disabled the TeamViewer service. I still want to be able to logon to the web interface of the Flat module. All our other deployed Connect+ modules have never shown this behaviour. :-(
/Mats-Olov Rustad
Application Developer
ASFT Industries AB
kjkoster
Answers: 2

Post by kjkoster »

Dear Mats-Olov,

Perhaps you already saw it, but there was some discussion about web login on this thread: https://revolutionpi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=709

In brief, the problem in that thread was resolved by clearing the browser cache. There are other troubleshooting tips if that does not work for you. Not sure if they relate to your issue?

Kees Jan
mats-olov_rustad

The other thrad were absolutely no help to me with the Flat module. Today I noticed that piSerial -s, piSerial -h and piSerial -p all give the output 'getSerNum() failed -3'. I interpret this to mean that some internal configuration in the module is corrupted. Is there some way to reset this information or do I have to re-flash the module? If I re-flash it what firmware can I use? The module currently uses Stretch but I would prefer to install Buster if possible.

With regards,
/m-o r
/Mats-Olov Rustad
Application Developer
ASFT Industries AB