DIO "Low-Side"?

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
azane
Answers: 0

DIO "Low-Side"?

Post by azane »

Is there any way to configure the DIO module to operate as a "low side"/"sinking" switch, where the load is between the switch and 24v? I see that "push pull" is an option, but I'm not familiar with this term; from my reading it appears that "push pull" != "low side".

I'm trying to integrate, using 'or' wiring logic, with an existing system relying on other sinking switches, so just swapping the wiring is unfortunately not an option.
volker
Answers: 1

Re: DIO "Low-Side"?

Post by volker »

Hi azane,
you're right! Push-Pull is a combination between high- and lowside switch. When you put a 1 to the output it switches to 24 V and with a 0 it switche to GND. Highside only switches to 24 V at 1 and leaves the output open on 0. So when Or-wiring you always need high- or low side switches to be combined and always need to combine the same kind. You coul indeed make an AND function wiring the actuator on one side to the high switch and on the other side to the olw switch.. but this doesn't help you in your case...
So the only way to get out of this prblem is using a small DIN rail relay opereated by the DIO output and switching to GND. There are 5 mm small relays from Finder on the market for about only 10$.
Good luck!
Volker.
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
azane
Answers: 0

Re: DIO "Low-Side"?

Post by azane »

Thanks for the clarification! I've got relays in the cart now. ; )