Rev Pi webpage not showing the current data of pin

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Tomin
Answers: 0

Rev Pi webpage not showing the current data of pin

Post by Tomin »

im new to revpi. could you please tell me how to update/see the changes of data on the pins on the browser. Thanks
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Rev Pi webpage not showing the current data of pin

Post by dirk »

Hi, there is no built-in functionality unfortunately. But there are much possibilities. Node-Red is a good starting point. There is also PROCON-WEB-IOT for example and Codesys is also a possibility.
Tomin

Post by Tomin »

Thanks for your reply
-Does that mean that the webpage of revpi is only to set data on the pins of the revpi and not to visualise the changed data by refreshing the browser?
-The AIO input drops slowly when the input is suddenly turned off to 0 volts. The data change isn't sudden. Can something be done to fix this?

Thanks.
Frido

Post by Frido »

• Yes, as far as I know, the webpage of the RevPi (also called RevPi status panel or webstatus panel, see here) is only for configuration of the modules such as a DIO or AIO-Modul (PiCtory), to activate/deaktivate certain Services, and so on, but not to display input signals. Except for the tab Status, where you should see the real time CPU Temperature. For a quick look at the current status of input or output pins, I use piTest, which you can use for writing on output pins, too.
  • I just tried to reproduce your error. With my AIO module, the voltage drops instantanly when I disconect the voltage input (pins 24 and 28). What do you mean by "slowly"? How do you meassure your voltage drop? Via piTest? Do you have a capacitor connected or can there be any other external elctrical reasons for the slow volateg drop that you observe in your system? Maybe you'd also like to have a look here.
Tomin

Post by Tomin »

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it..
- Got it
- So my setup was simple. I had a voltage source connected across 2 analog pins of the revpi. Pin 28 and 24 to be specific [IN1] according to https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... revpi-aio/
There was no other capacitor or resistor in the circuit. The multiplier and divisor value was 1 and offset was 0. That means the voltage across the pins was displayed directly when I tried to read using ./piTest -r InputValue_1
So at a range of 0- 5 volts, it displayed the volage accurately. But when I suddenly switch off the voltage source, its supposed to drop to 0V, but the voltage kind of drops slowly at a rate of around 1volt/sec approximately
Eduard
KUNBUS

Post by Eduard »

Dear Tomin,

The fact that the voltage is not immediately 0 is due to your power supply. The power supply has internal capacitors at the output.
To test, disconnect the 14-pole connector from the AIO and the voltage will immediately drop to 0.
Tomin

Post by Tomin »

Oh I see. Thanks for your reply.
Tomin

Post by Tomin »

Also, how to change parameters such as InputVoltage range, mulitplier etc for the AIO .I tried setting via piTest and I am able to read the set value too such as ADC rate. But it does not get updated accordingly. It works when all this is set via the browser (PICTORY) and i do a 'RESET DRIVER' . Am i missing something while setting these parameters via script ?
Eduard
KUNBUS

Post by Eduard »

see here