Software Development Environment

Rund um die Software von Revolution Pi
Charle

Software Development Environment

Post by Charle »

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are looking for a small and easy to program IPC for one of our test modules and stumbled across your Revolution PI.
As I have seen, a CAN Open and a DIO module are directly available. Which API are used to address them?
In addition, we may need a GPIB bus and an RS-232 interface (still to be clarified with the customer). Could these be connected via the USB port?
It is currently planned to develop the software in C ++. Probably the GNU compiler should be used here, right? Is it possible to develop the whole thing using a cross compiler on a Windows system and then transfer it to the Revolution PI? Is there already a development platform or corresponding documentation?
What additional software is required (e.g. for programming the CAN Open interface)?

Sincerely,.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Software Development Environment

Post by dirk »

Hi Charle, yes there are the Con CAN and the DIO module available. The Con CAN Module is compatible with the RevPi Connect or the RevPi Connect+ module.
Regarding the API - there is the piTest demo program with source code available in C/C++. The popular RevPiModIO Python library is also a good base.
GPIB is new to me. Could you explain this? RS-232 interface is possible within USB like this module in the shop.
Have a look at i.e. https://gnutoolchains.com/ for cross compilation.
We also have some video tutorials here that may help you at the beginning, i.e.:
Tutorial 12 – Digital IO Modules application example
Tutorial 13 – PiTest source code
Here is the tutorial "How to Control RevPi Con CAN".
jesarshare
Answers: 0

Re: Software Development Environment

Post by jesarshare »

A software development environment (SDE) is an environment that automates or augments the routines involved in a software development cycle. This includes programming-in-the-many tasks like team and project management as well as programming-in-the-large tasks like configuration management.