Node-Red

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
duncanvsmith
Answers: 0

Node-Red

Post by duncanvsmith »

Hi all, I was wondering how far the Revolution PI is working with Node-Red? I am no "coder" programmer, I have been using Node-Red for a long time now, I would love to use it with the Revolution PI. Are there any custom nodes supporting the I/O hardware of the PI. I stopped using Codesys because nod-red can just about connect with anything. I use it with KNX, ModBus and a whole lot of other things. I like the Revolution PI concept because it can be used for industry.

Duncan.
Eduard
KUNBUS

Re: Node-Red

Post by Eduard »

Hi Duncan,

Node-Red also works with our Revolution PI and is already installed.
Unfortunately we don't have our own Node-Red node to access the process image yet. But there are different solutions from other forum users, see for example here.

Eduard
RevPiModIO
KUNBUS

Re: Node-Red

Post by RevPiModIO »

You can use Node-Red with MQTT Nodes to get and set IOs of the RevPi.

We developed the RevPiPyLoad Service, which supports sending IO Values via MQTT. So if you install revpipyload, activate MQTT and install mosquitto on the Revolution Pi, you are able to use NodeRed...

Code: Select all

pi@RevPi ~/ $ sudo apt-get update

# Install RevPiPyLoad and mosquitto broker
pi@RevPi ~/ $ sudo apt-get install revpipyload mosquitto mosquitto-clients
After that, you have a local mqtt broker "localhost" to which the RevPiPyLoad service publish the values and NodeRed subscribe them.

Expand the "MQTT" Section to find information about how to setup RevPiPyLoad to send IO-Values via MQTT (you can set IO values as well)
https://revpimodio.org/en/revpipyplc-2/ ... ad/#config

Then use the Input/Output "mqtt" nodes in Node-Red to get the Values.
Screenshot_20180903_144517.png
Screenshot_20180903_144517.png (44.8 KiB) Viewed 5016 times

We are writing a blog entry with a step by step manual for that... But it takes some more time and will be available in German first.

By the way: Replace the ".../io/..." part in the topic with ".../event/..." to get changed values immediately!!!

Regards, Sven
python3-RevPiModIO - https://revpimodio.org/ || Der RevPi ist das Beste, was passieren konnte!