Java for Revolution Pi?

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
AlexVillarreal
Answers: 0

Java for Revolution Pi?

Post by AlexVillarreal »

Hello, I am looking into Revolution Pi and was wondering if java applications would work on it, including all expansion modules. Is it possible to do this and how would one go about making this work on the Revolution Pi, i have used Java on raspberry pi with Pi4J.
Many Thanks
Eduard
KUNBUS

Re: Java for Revolution Pi?

Post by Eduard »

Hello,

We have many customers who work with Java on the system. Take a look here for example:
They've completely ported their system to our RevPi.
How to install Elbfisch on a Revolution Pi you can find here.

Eduard
heywiki

Post by heywiki »

I can't find the sourcecode how elbfisch is accessing the digital inputs/outputs. In the example you linked they use a package "org.jpac.vioss.revpi", but the github project https://github.com/mskgmbh/elbfisch/tre ... a/org/jpac
does not have this package (it seems the sourcecode published there is two years old). So your answer is useless.

I have a DIO module and would like to get the outputs, my options are

A) Are the module i/o's somehow connected to the raspis gpio, then i could use general java packages for raspi
B) If not, is there a ready made java api where i can access your "Internal address space"? Where can i find examples? (I could use the JNA Api to access c api calls instead, but this is tedious: where are the c lib examples / API doc?)
C) If no java api is available yet, when do you plan to provide one?

Thank you very much!
Christoph
Eduard
KUNBUS

Post by Eduard »

A) Unfortunately, you cannot use the general Java packages because the GPIO are used for other things. See Schematic drawings RevPi Core.
B) No
C) We do not plan to provide a Java API in the near future.