Issue with RevPi DIO config

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
g.wickes
Answers: 0

Issue with RevPi DIO config

Post by g.wickes »

I’ve been trying to run some tests with a RevPi Core and a RevPi DIO connected via Bridge, but in spite of the PiCtory config checking out and writing to, and loading from default correctly, the system still seems to fail at loading it in a usable manner (such as revpimodio2).

• the owner/group of _config.rsc is www-data/www-data
  • I reset drivers (piTest -x) each time I adjust the config (and upon that not working restart the device)
  • the image I am using is jessie3005

I’ve tried sourcing a solution by searching the forums and the various pages of documentation provided by your website, but have not been successful.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
PiCtory.PNG
PiCtory.PNG (172.54 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
module not configured.PNG
module not configured.PNG (32.81 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Issue with RevPi DIO config

Post by dirk »

Hello g.wickes,
please excuse the long delay for my response. We have checked all the steps you have performed - everything looks well. We have had once a problem which was related to insufficient write permissions to the "_config.rsc" file only with a small amount of devices. Although you have already checked this please update the PiCtory package as follows:

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt install pictory
If the problem still exists please provide the "/var/log/kern.log" file.
Please check if this symbolic link exists:

pi@RevPi8165:~ $ ls -al /etc/revpi/config.rsc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Jul 17 15:13 /etc/revpi/config.rsc -> /var/www/pictory/projects/_config.rsc
Check if the file changes when you modify and save your configuration. You may pretty print the JSON format as follows:

cat /etc/revpi/config.rsc | json_pp -f json | more
The "saveTS" field holds this information:

{
   "App" : {
      "saveTS" : "20181018135113",
[...]
g.wickes
Answers: 0

Re: Issue with RevPi DIO config

Post by g.wickes »

Thank you for your help!

I've discovered that the config symbolic link was not present where it should have been.

/etc/revpi/config.rsc
I created it manually and now the Module is being recognized when I check piTest -d.