RevPi core wont boot

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
azabel86
Answers: 0

RevPi core wont boot

Post by azabel86 »

Hello.
I have a working revPi core that was running jessie with a custom datalogging software created by me. I was connected via VNC and suddenly the VNC session was lost and i couldnt make a new connection.
I then rebooted the pi via power cycle. The green led was on but i couldnt get image via HDMI and the ethernet leds stopped working.
I decided to flash a the mmc via rpiboot. It was dificult because only worked one time of may tries. Then flashed the stock jessie img from the shop.
The flash seem to work well but the revpi still wont boot.

Thanks in advance
Mathias

Re: RevPi core wont boot

Post by Mathias »

Hi,
did you remove the micro usb cable? While the micro usb connector is connected to a USB device, the RevPi is switched to flash-mode and will not boot. You have to to remove the cable and make a power cycle.
Mathias
azabel86

Post by azabel86 »

Yes i always remove the usb and then i do power cicle.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hello azabel86, we sent you an email for the RMA handling.
InfiniPi

Post by InfiniPi »

I have a similar issue with a non-booting / stuck RevolutionPi Connect. For security reasons, I need to replace Jessy with a company intern OS.
For flashing the eMMC, I typically hook up the RevolutionPi Connect to a linux machine using a micro-USB-cable, use rpiboot to connect the eMMC, flash the eMMC by dd if of , disconnect the usb cable and power cycle the unit. The image used on this machine is already running on three other RevolutionPi Connects without any issues. All three of them have been flashed the same way. Cables have not been disconnected during writing the eMMC.
The "stuck" RevolutionPi Connect is flashing the Power + WD + REL + A3 LED as if it was in eMMC-flashing mode. I did also try to reinstall Jessy without any success.

I would be happy about ideas how to fix this. Otherwise we need to send this "stuck" unit back to the distributor.
josephkarl

Post by josephkarl »

The booting issue is also happening with me and I have tried many things to get it fixed. At last, I got to know that the problem happens because of the USB cable insertion, the user needs to detach the USB properly.