Straton-PLC for Raspberry PI

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
ronn@er-soft.com
Answers: 0

Straton-PLC for Raspberry PI

Post by ronn@er-soft.com »

Straton-PLC for Raspberry PI, enabling Smart-Grid Communication Protocols...

https://www.straton-plc.com/en/news/su ... raspberry

The Raspberry Pi is a small computer with an ARM processor that can run multiple types of free GNU / Linux operating systems compatible with many software applications. Raspberry Pi offers many opportunities for development. straton is now available for programming applications with the Raspberry Pi.
A flexible environment
Compatible with model B and the Linux operating system, the straton runtime for Raspberry Pi supports all five programming languages of IEC 61131-3 (ST, IL, LD, SFC, FBD). This enables the development of applications in different languages and the conversion from one language into another language at any time.

Access to industrial communication protocols
In addition to the main features of straton, COPA-DATA has developed a runtime that allows users to benefit from access to industrial communication protocols dedicated to the energy market:
• IEC 61850
• IEC60870
• Profinet
• GP I / O
• I2C
• MODBUS TCP/UDP
• DNP3

Smart-Grid Communication Protocols

straton for Raspberry Pi
COPA-DATA provides a straton development environment for all Raspberry Pi users with a runtime and a dedicated tutorial included in the straton Setup for Raspberry Pi. The trial version allows you to create applications with a runtime of 15 minutes. The straton runtime for Raspberry Pi provides a stable and professional development environment for programming applications.
Prefer the recommended Linux distribution Raspbian
volker
Answers: 1

Re: Straton-PLC for Raspberry PI

Post by volker »

Thanks for this information which is basically Raspberry Pi related. Revolution Pi uses a completely different IO access so I fear our users will have to reduce their ambitions to use Ethernet and USB connectivity only with this soft PLC (which is rarely useful in a control application). If you are in charge of this software you might get in contact with KUNBUS to discuss possibilities of integrating our IO modules in a smart way.
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!