rpiboot waiting for BCM2835/6/7 on a Core (1)

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
ejsol
Answers: 0

rpiboot waiting for BCM2835/6/7 on a Core (1)

Post by ejsol »

New to RaspberryPi, I started with a new Revolution setup, everything works fine (local, headless, etc), but rpiboot doesn't get beyond the Waiting for ..

Tried with a Windows PC and with an Ubuntu machine following all the instructions and connection/start order.

What can I do next? any tips?
ejsol

Re: rpiboot waiting for BCM2835/6/7 on a Core (1)

Post by ejsol »

I got it running by deductive testing. An unreliable USB cable was the cause of the problem. After switching on the RevPi with the rotten cable the RevPi lights did lit up for a Rpiboot boot, but no data was received either at the Unix or the Windows machine. It was not a bad connection in the compute module itself as somewhere else was probably the case. In my case it was really having a good (elsewhere tested) cable.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the community. As you can see the complexity i.e. for USB may be hidden in those details we usually not think about first.
M.Hansson

Post by M.Hansson »

I had this exact problem. I had to disable the "Driver signing" in Windows 10. You can do this by following this guide.

OBS! Signing is for your PC:s safety. Only do this if you know that you can trust the driver you are installing.
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/di ... 10-easily/
OBS! Remember to turn Signing back on again after your driver has successfully installed.

I pressed (Windows logo) -> Device manager -> Other devices -> (right click) BCM<number> -> Update driver -> Browse my computer for this software -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Raspberry Pi\usb_driver -> click ok.

It should install properly now and you can follow the guide at Kunbus webpage like normal.
Best of luck!
BerndG

Post by BerndG »

Regarding the above mentioned article "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 10 Easily!": To turn off the test mode you need to enter "bcdedit /set testsigning off" instead of "bcedit /set testingsigning off".

The driver installation is only one step to have success. There are lots of problems caused by the used USB cable. I've tried 3 cables and two are working fine. All 3 cables are working fine with other devices! Now I have a reliable configuration with a 50 cm USB cable (sitting under my table). The usage of extension cables makes some problems between "not working at all", "PC is slowed down drmatically" up to "works sometimes". So please try different cables.
IOTeule

Post by IOTeule »

Hi RevPi Team,
I have same problem, driver not showing up in device manager.
There is no hint, that setup failed.
Therefor, I
- changed the cable
- started RPIboot setup as admin

But no progress.
Any help welcome.
Br Dirk