RevPi Core login page does not respond

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
AskoR
Answers: 0

RevPi Core login page does not respond

Post by AskoR »

Hello
I'm trying to set up a remote measurement system using RevPi. At the moment my only access to this remote site is using a slow but rather reliable cellular + VNC connection.

The system worked OK, but now the RevPi Core login page allows me to give username and password, but apart from that it does not respond to any command. Also, it always defaults to the change password login screen which it did not do before. This occurred after playing with Nodered, and having several crashes in the process.
I do not think it is a password problem, as I can change the current password using terminal. Also, I can access the default password using revSerial.
If I try to log in using Firefox, either locally or remotely, I get a "Placeholder page" screen which seems to indicate that something has gone wrong with the local web server, please see attached screenshot.

I have tried to go through the forum but I have not yet found an identical problem. In desperation I have tried or checked the following;
- I have re-installed pictory
- I have re-installed webstatus
- Checked that login.json exists and is non-zero

No change in the login page behavior. Any suggestions what I could try next? Re-installing the Jessie image would only be possible once I visit the site.

Br
Attachments
Login.jpg
Login.jpg (114.61 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
volker
Answers: 1

Re: RevPi Core login page does not respond

Post by volker »

Hi,
if you are using VNC does that mean you are using a browser running on RevPi??? or are you using VPN and do run the browser on your PC connected via VPN to a remote RevPi? Why not using the pre-installed TeamViewer vor RevPi? It does exactly what you need (channeling the RevPi's web sever output through a secure TeamViewer channel to your local TV client running on a windows PC which is presenting kind of browser window then) and is by far more secure then a VNC which would allow to open a terminal window and do anything you like as soon as you have logged in on your device (i.e. anyone having the pw can hack your system).

However:
1) Try clearing the browser cache.
2) Try using a different browser type
3) Check your eMMC memory: Is there enough free space or have you completely spammed your disk with log files etc.?

Hope this will help. Good luck!
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!