Web status Services - Settings can't be saved

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
DominikBednarski
Answers: 0

Web status Services - Settings can't be saved

Post by DominikBednarski »

Hi all,

I have problem with changing settings in the services. I do everything what is written on this page https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... us-jessie/ but when i click "save all" pushbutton, setings status is not changing. i want to add that i waiting more then 10s and i used diffrent web browsers (Chrom and Internet explorer).

Somebody know how can i save my changes?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Attachments
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (229.47 KiB) Viewed 12548 times
volker
Answers: 1

Re: Web status Services - Settings can't be saved

Post by volker »

Hi,
this is a known issue and has been discussed in the forum already. Please use "sudo apt update" and then "sudo apt-get install pictory" which should resolve your problem. please do not forget to clear your browser cache if you try the result of the update...
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
DominikBednarski

I did this all steps and i have still this same problem. I noticed only one change. In right top corner on 1 second appear a text "please wait". After this time (1 second) text disappear and setting are still the same.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (53.38 KiB) Viewed 12497 times
volker
Answers: 1

Post by volker »

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about the PiCtory settings... You mean of course the settings of your screen shot.
What exactly are you trying to do? What exactly have you done? What exactly is the systems's response? What exactly do you expect to be the response?

If you are on the "Services" page you can click the red options to set the services to enable or disable. When clicking on the option that option should be indicated as "set" by changing into red color. The line gets marked as "changed".
When pressing the "save all" button you get a "please wait" output on top of the list and then after 1 to 3 seconds the page is reloaded with the changed line marked as "saved..."

Please try to describe your procedure and the system's reaction to it in the same manor so that we can see what's going wrong on your system.
You may also use "sudo apt update" and the "sudo apt upgrade" to get the latest software versions (need an internet connection).

maybe you could also try Firefox to see if there is any difference?
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
DominikBednarski

ok, so
1) in the first step i log in
2) then i change tab from "APPS" to "SERVICES"
3) then i change radio button from "Disabled" to "Enabled". After this change on the right side of radio buttons appear text "changed".
4) then i click on "SAVE ALL" push button. After this click on the right top corner appear text "please wait" on 1 second and then this text disapear.
5) then i waiting (even more then 1 min)

if i good understand in the 5) step i should see text "...saved" but this text not appear. When then i try change tab from "SERVICES" to another tab e.g. "CONFIG" then web browser give me info "You have unsaved changes! Leave / refresh tab anyway?" and then i have to choose option "OK" or "Cancel". When i click "OK" and i return to "SERVICES" tab, all option are still "Disabled".

i think that this problem is related with push button "SAVE ALL" or with permision for admin web user.

I have connection with internet, becouse i can ping each website. I beginer user of Raspberry Pi but I have my own Raspberry Pi B+ and i think that i know how use basic commands from bash shell.
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

Hi Dominik,
if you press SAVE ALL, the script revpi-config is called on the RevPi. Could you try whether that works from the shell:

Code: Select all

pi@RevPi12:~ $ sudo revpi-config status logi-rts
pi@RevPi12:~ $ sudo revpi-config enable logi-rts
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/logi-rts.service to /lib/systemd/system/logi-rts.service.
pi@RevPi12:~ $ sudo revpi-config status logi-rts
Another thing you can do, is to open the console of the browser (in firefox with f12) and press the SAVE ALL button then. You should see some calls of http://[your ip address]/php/dal.php. Is there an error displayed?

Mathias
DominikBednarski

Hi Mathias,

Thank you so much. This commands from the shell works. When I changed this option from the shell then the button "SAVE ALL" from the web browser also started working.