Resetting password

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
timjones
Answers: 0

Resetting password

Post by timjones »

The password on the label does not appear correct for the Revolution Pi Core unit. Also, I tried adding the usual "init=/bin/sh" to cmdline.txt, but the kernel seems to be ignoring the request for single user mode. How can I reset the password on the revolution pi?
volker
Answers: 1

Re: Resetting password

Post by volker »

Which user are you using? Are you talking about the web login or about ssh / terminal?
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
timjones

Post by timjones »

volker wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 19:14 Which user are you using? Are you talking about the web login or about ssh / terminal?
The pi user, and yes ssh/terminal.
volker
Answers: 1

Post by volker »

If you've locked yourself out the only way for a restoration is to load back the image of your system which you've hopefully saved after receiving your system (as recommended in our tutorials as first step when you power up your system the first time). Every out of the box system is 100% tested and at the end of this test the label is printed. Thus there is no way the system could have a different password.
If this is a system which a definite state "out of the box" then I assume there is either a misspelling (please note the difficulty to distinguish a 1 form an l) or you are using an English keyboard and there is a mixup of y or z. All our systems are delivered with German keyboard layout and you need to login to change that.
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
timjones

Post by timjones »

volker wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 22:28 If you've locked yourself out the only way for a restoration is to load back the image of your system which you've hopefully saved after receiving your system (as recommended in our tutorials as first step when you power up your system the first time). Every out of the box system is 100% tested and at the end of this test the label is printed. Thus there is no way the system could have a different password.
If this is a system which a definite state "out of the box" then I assume there is either a misspelling (please note the difficulty to distinguish a 1 form an l) or you are using an English keyboard and there is a mixup of y or z. All our systems are delivered with German keyboard layout and you need to login to change that.
Thanks! Your comments resolved the problem. The German keyboard layout was the issue as several US keys are different.