piTest not working with DIO, despite -d normal, "Internal Error"

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Kiobod
Answers: 0

piTest not working with DIO, despite -d normal, "Internal Error"

Post by Kiobod »

Hey all,

It's been a while but the Core and DIO modules have been a blast!!!

Until recently...

The piTest functions were easily accessible and highly reliable for reading and writing to the DIO connected to our Core, but recently (unsure exactly when) the piTest -r and -w functions have ceased to work. I tried a variety of debugging methods, finally re-flashing the Core with the latest Jessie, which should have a clean everything right out of the box. Unfortunately, the problem persists even with a fresh image.

piTest -d shown in attached image with the results of -r and -w as well.

PiCtory seems to be fine? Is there somewhere I can look to find dmesg for this issue?

Cheers,
Kiobod
Attachments
revpiDebug.PNG
revpiDebug.PNG (26.24 KiB) Viewed 4283 times
Kiobod

Re: piTest not working with DIO, despite -d normal, "Internal Error"

Post by Kiobod »

Additionally, I can write to the RevPiLED of the Core without issue. LEDs on the DIO are: PWR: green OUT: green and IN: red.

The DIO is wired up to a local circuit which controls some relays. The circuit has been tested in the past, using both piTest and our own scripts.

Hoping to get into production soon, would love to have feedback!
volker
Answers: 1

Post by volker »

"Could not read variable---" error message shows you have either corrupted your _config.rsc file or renamed the variables, etc. Please try reading and writing to the IOs by using absolute addresses (start address is displayed in the piTest -d output). E.g. piTest -w 70,1,255 should set the first 8 output bits to on.
If this works then please enter your piCtory and have a look on the variable table. Is there still your variable O_1? Actual images allow to store your configuration in files for later use or to store them into the active configuration (_config.rsc).
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
Kiobod

Post by Kiobod »

Does _config.rsi not get overwritten by pictory or the image flash? As soon as I can I will nano that file and see what it looks like.

Working on checking that command, network and power is down right now.
volker
Answers: 1

Post by volker »

A fresh image does not have a valid configuration! You do need to configure your system at least once if you are using process variables...
Working with absolute adresses will always work but may be fancy if you change the way you connect your devices in your overall system.
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!