Using OPC UA with the logi.rts (logi.cad3)

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Arti
Answers: 0

Using OPC UA with the logi.rts (logi.cad3)

Post by Arti »

Hi RevPi-Team,

i've seen the logi.rts for the RevPi in your shop. (https://revolution.kunbus.de/shop/en/lo ... ask-lizenz)
There you describe different features that are included in the runtime system.
The possibility to programm the RevPi with a IEC compliant programming language is great.

The question is: Is the OPC UA stack also availiable in the log.rts for the RevPi (it is not mentioned in the feature "multiple communication connections" (see link above)).
And if it is implemented, which methods are available to use OPC UA using logi.CAD3 compact ( or/and? logi.CAD 3 FBD-light);
without the necassity to implement an external OPC UA library and connecting it with logi.cad (however).

This page https://revolution.kunbus.de/shop/de/lo ... -fbd-light says OPC UA is available for the non-free logi.cad3 version.
Unfortunately I could not find information regarding OPC UA in the official Online Dokumentation using the search function ( see http://help.logicals.com/display/LC3UserDocuDE ).
It would be nice to know whether this functionality is available in the compact version or the professional version before buying this software.

Thank you for your help and best greetings
volker
Answers: 1

Re: Using OPC UA with the logi.rts (logi.cad3)

Post by volker »

Hi Arti,
we have not yet tried the OPC UA feature of logi.RTS and therefore I can't say for sure if the library is included or must be purchased separately. I will ask the logi.cals colleagues to give you a competent answer and guide you through the OPC UA questions. please give them 24 h to answer...
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
Arti

Post by Arti »

Thank you for your effort, I'm looking forward for your reply : )
volker

Post by volker »

Jürgen from logi.cals will post an answer soon. he told me he would need to clarify some details with their R&D prior to answer. Hope he will get all information he needs soon so he can help you. All I could get about the OPC UA solution in logi.RTS is the fact that this seems to be an Server, not a client. Are you looking for client or server?
Arti

Post by Arti »

Nice, thanks.
I 'm looking for a server, so it it would be good if it were supported.
juergen
Official 3rd Party Support logi.cals

Post by juergen »

Hi Arti,

thank you very much for your email and sorry my delay for replying.
Please see my informations below.

Is the OPC UA stack also availiable in the log.rts for the RevPi (it is not mentioned in the feature "multiple communication connections".
At the moment for Revolution Pi we do not support the OPC UA feature.
BUT we are thinking about to implement it for RevPi.
So we will add it in our roadmap.

And if it is implemented, which methods are available to use OPC UA using logi.CAD3 compact ( or/and? logi.CAD 3 FBD-light);
without the necassity to implement an external OPC UA library and connecting it with logi.cad (however).

The OPC UA is a Server, which runs in our Runtime System logi.RTS as a System Service.
After releasing this feature for RevPi an update for logi.RTS on the RevPi and logi.CAD 3 basic/compact version is required.

It would be nice to know whether this functionality is available in the compact version or the professional version before buying this software.
The OPC UA feature can be used with all logi.CAD 3 versions (Basic/FBD-Lite/Professional).

I hope this information will help you.
If you will have some more questions, don´t hesitate to get in contact with me.

regards,
Jürgen
Arti

Post by Arti »

Hi Juergen,

thank you for your support, that was very helpfull.

Greetings
Arti
WolleB

Post by WolleB »

Hallo,

ich hole einen älteren Beitrag nochmal hervor, da er für mich immer noch sehr aktuell ist.
Hätte hierzu einige Anwendungsfälle mit entsprechender Stückzahl.

Daher sind für mich die Fragen:
Gibt es schon Neuigkeiten zur Integration von OPC UA mit dem RevPi und logi.CAD ?
Gibt es vllt schon einen zeitlichen Horizont auf der "Roadmap"?

Vielen Dank für Infos.

Grüße,
Wolle
volker

Post by volker »

Hi Wolle,
as this is the English forum I'll translate and answer in English:
Wolle has asked if there is any new information about OPC UA and logi.cals integrating it.
Here is the answer:
This is still in developement as far as I'm informed by logi.cals But we do have several other options which are already running and have been proffed to do their work:

1) IBH softec has shown a fully into the RevPi process image implemented OPC uA client and server software at the SPS Drives Fair in Nuremberg last year. We are working on a collaboration to pr-install that software on our images but it is not yet decided. You should contact them if you would like to buy that solution. It is part of their S7-PLC simulkation software. That means you get a full S7 soft SPS which can be programmed by TIA portal or other S7 compatible editors. This solution could cost around 400 Euros but that is a point you will have to ask them.

2) You can install Codesys for Raspberry on the RevPi and licence it for 50 Euro. Beside having Ethernet-IP, Ethercat, Profinet and Modbus MASTER(!) and slave connectivity you will also get their OPC UA Server integrated in this solution. We have tested it and it works fine. You could use the soft- PLC with it but remember there is no driver to access the process image (YET!!! Codesys is actually collaborating with us to get this obstacle out of the way!).

3) You could use Node-RED which is part of every RevPi. You could use the 4GL Editor to set up data flows including access to our process image (using piTest in a command node). And you could establish a free of charge OPC UA server or client node to be receiver of this data flow. This can be done out of the box just by installing the open source OPC UA node libraries using npm install tool of NBode Red.
I think there should be at leas one option which fits to your needs. Please note that all of these options are weak when it comes to high security requirements as there is no strong usage of OPC UA security possibilities with all of them.
Kevin Triplett

Post by Kevin Triplett »

Hello Volker,

Thank you for this information -- I know this thread is old, but I'm wondering about the status of the OPC-UA solutions, especially the CodeSys one you mention. Thank you again for your help,

Kevin Triplett