Modbus TCP server with RevPiConnect+

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
arash
Answers: 0

Modbus TCP server with RevPiConnect+

Post by arash »

Hi team,
To use the modbus TCP master (client) on my Revpi connect+ (PN#100337) in node-red, is it sufficient to install modbus TCP nodes on node red (below image) or I need to do anything else as well?
I am using this module to talk to a remote IO via modbus TCP (the remote IO is a modbus TCP slave and I want Pi to be modbus TCP master).

Do I have to make any changes in the configuration of the RevPi connection software that comes pre-installed on the module (e.g: activate modbus master function)? And do I need to add the modbus TCP master in pictory in order to use it in node-red?

Thank you
Arash
Attachments
1.png
1.png (31.84 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
TECHSQUARE

Re: Modbus TCP server with RevPiConnect+

Post by TECHSQUARE »

Do I have to make any changes in the configuration of the RevPi connection software that comes pre-installed on the module (e.g: activate modbus master function)? And do I need to add the modbus TCP master in pictory in order to use it in node-red?
Quick answer is yes and then you don't have to install the modbus TCP nodes as per your attached image above, since you can use the built in Virtual Device that can be configured in PiCtory.

Then you can use revpi nodes like "revpi single input" or "revpi multiple input" to simply read those names configured in PiCtory.

Below tutorials should be great to help you to achieve your requirements.

https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... er-jessie/
https://erminas.com/2020/07/roll-out-re ... lution-pi/
ComindFra

Re: Modbus TCP server with RevPiConnect+

Post by ComindFra »

arash wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 08:07 Hi team,
To use the modbus TCP master (client) on my Revpi connect+ (PN#100337) in node-red, is it sufficient to install modbus TCP nodes on node red (below image) or I need to do anything else as well?
I am using this module to talk to a remote IO via modbus TCP (the remote IO is a modbus TCP slave and I want Pi to be modbus TCP master).

Thank you
Arash
Hi,
how do you do to install these modules?
If I try it receive always an installation error.... Thanks in advance!

Francesco
Last edited by ComindFra on 04 Nov 2021, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.