Import 'certificate' for secure connection to Revolution Pi Connect Plus

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
mas duwi
Answers: 0

Import 'certificate' for secure connection to Revolution Pi Connect Plus

Post by mas duwi »

Hello, everybody,
i used Revolution Pi Connect Plus as IOT Gateway to transfer PLC data to SAP customer network. The connections like these : PLC - Rev Pi Connect Plus - PC at Customer site - SAP System head office customer. The data is transfer successfully from PLC to PC at Customer site, but customer can not connect to their SAP system in head office due to secure connection issue. IT guy from customer ask me to import 'certificate' to the Revolution Pi device for the secure connection, but i don't know how to import this 'certificate' , could you please help me regarding this issue ?
Regards,
mas do we
Steven

Re: Import 'certificate' for secure connection to Revolution Pi Connect Plus

Post by Steven »

What kind of connection are you trying to secure?
HTTPS? VPN? TLS?

Can you give more details what exatly are you trying to do and wich software is involved at Revolution Pi side?
mas duwi

Post by mas duwi »

Hi Steven,
I don't know exactly what kind connection in my customer network, the goal is to sent PLC (machine) data from remote site to SAP network head office.
I use Bitvise SSH Client application to communicate between PLC and RevPi Connect+.
Steven

Post by Steven »

In general you can import certificates like this:

Example for zscaler:
https://community.zscaler.com/t/install ... ing--linux

I needed to transform it from CRT to PEM format:
openssl x509 -in ZscalerRootCertificate-2048-SHA256.crt -out ZscalerRootCertificate-2048-SHA256.pem -outform PEM

sudo cp ZscalerRootCertificate-2048-SHA256.pem $(openssl version -d | cut -f2 -d \")/certs

sudo update-ca-certificates --fresh

An maybe you have to check if the certificate has "chmod 777" like "-rwxrwxrwx" set.

This worked for me to open SSL connections with "curl https://www.google.de" for example.