Profinet and Sinamics

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
FleaTheGreat
Answers: 0

Profinet and Sinamics

Post by FleaTheGreat »

Hello all!

First of all, I don't know if I posted this in the right category, so my apologies if it's wrong.
Second of all, I'm completely new at this, I have no experience with RevPi, but I'm looking forward to learning about this, well kind of frightening world :)

I'm a student, and as a student project, I got assessment to hook up Revolution Pi to Siemens Sinamics Frequency converter via Profinet. I got a RevPi Core3+ and a Profinet card. I have watched all of the YT videos, learned with them, but now, I don't know what to do next. Has anyone ever done this? My final goal should be to control motor, which is connected to Sinamics, via Profinet and RevPi.

Do you guys have any materials that can help me with my assignment? I'm not looking for whole solutions, I'd like to learn how to hook up all of this step by step, and is it even possible? :)

I'll be deeply grateful for any kind of information about all of this.

Thank you in advance and have a great day!
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Profinet and Sinamics

Post by dirk »

Hello first of all welcome to the RevolutionPi community. There are several ways to communicate with a RevolutionPi device via Profinet. A good idea is the way with a soft PLC like Codesys or Logi.CAD.
Here you need a license for continuous operation. Have a look at the pages of the manufacturers and the videos. In the tutorials you will find instructions for both systems. Good luck.