Production-ready OS

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Martin2021
Answers: 0

Production-ready OS

Post by Martin2021 »

Hi everyone,

we are investigating the RevPi in order to understand which modifications we need to make on OS level in order to have a production-ready configuration. One of the main use cases are machines which are used outdoor on construction sides all over the world. They should transmit their data via an LTE module (or a local network connection) into the cloud. This means, we need to be able to update our software on the RevPi (preferably as Docker containers) but we also would like to be able to update OS components. At the same time, the OS should have a minimaml attacking surface.

I know, these requirements sound very unspecific but assuming that other people here have similar requirements for their projects, my very first question is: do people use imagebackery for creating minimal OS for their needs or is it more common to use Yocto or other tools to create a custom image. I am right now not sure in which direction we should invest more time in order to develop a solution that fits our needs. Therefore I am kind of looking for some advise what might be a good starting point.

Thanks in advance,
Martin
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Production-ready OS

Post by dirk »

Hi Matin, ImageBakery is in the scope of our support.
Yes, it is possible to create a minimal image with it.
Docker support is an important topic that we will check soon.
Martin2021
Answers: 0

Post by Martin2021 »

alright, so ImageBakery would be basically the way to go, in order to have support.

when do you plan to implement support for Docker?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »