Very basic questions on Node Red on RevPi Core+

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Daniele.tampieri
Answers: 0

Very basic questions on Node Red on RevPi Core+

Post by Daniele.tampieri »

Again a newbie question, this time on the use of Nodered on RevP. I've just received a Rev Pi Core 3+ and I started playing with it. I tested all the basic features following exactly the Quick Start guide and other written tutorials : I updated the SW, launched Nodered and everything just went fine.
Then I decided to try something in Nodered: create my first application by following this tutorial. All worked fine until I tried to configure the button which controls the turn-on/turn off of the chosen LED: I was not able to find nor define the On group, and consequently to add the button to it . I surely forgot to do something, but what? Should I have a DIO module (I forgot I've only a RevOi Core to work with)? Or should I use Pictory to configure some options of Core? Thank you for your help.
Daniele Tampieri
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Very basic questions on Node Red on RevPi Core+

Post by dirk »

Hi Daniele, please run the command "piTest -d" in case there is something "... but not configured" then check the PiCtoy configuration.
You just have to configure the RevPi Core by drag and drop it to the empty din rail in the middle. Maybe a look at the Video Tutorial 09 – PiCtory
Then File -> Save as default configuration, Options -> Reset Driver or alternatively on the shell "piTest -x" ;)