Yocto image with uboot not working!

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
amod1
Answers: 0

Yocto image with uboot not working!

Post by amod1 »

I have built a rpi-basic-image provided by the meta-raspberrypi layer for raspberrypi and and revolution pi. But now for my implementation I need to use uboot. With meta-raspberrypi this is also quite simple, just add RPI_USE_U_BOOT = "1"
in local.conf. But with this configuration, the image is successfully boots for raspberrypi but does not boot for revolutionpi. Is it that revpi does not have support for uboot? any suggestion to make it work?
p.rosenberger
KUNBUS
Answers: 1

Re: Yocto image with uboot not working!

Post by p.rosenberger »

Hi amod1,

which RPi version do you use? This might be a problem, that the image you created with Yocto is for a different Pi version as the CM (compute module) inside the RevPi.

Best regards,
Philipp
amod1

Post by amod1 »

I am using Revpi Connect+, for this i have set: MACHINE = "raspberrypi-cm3". Also, again I would like to let you know without uboot, image successfully boots.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi Amod1, thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately we cannot support you here. Maybe community members are more experienced here.
amod1

Post by amod1 »

I am bit late to reply, but I happened to make this work. The problem was with version of uboot 2019.07 which seems to be a common issue for raspberrypi compute modules. I used the older version of uboot 2018.11 and everything worked fine.