Node-Red function node not working properly

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Pac_8
Answers: 0

Re: Node-Red function node not working properly

Post by Pac_8 »

Hello All.
After a pretty extensive setup for the revolution pi connect with 1 DO module and 1 DI module
I finally have the unit up and running but cannot get the offical revolution pi nodes installed. I have them installed through the pallette manager and also through npm install. when I check my installed nodes it is saying installed but the nodes are not visible in the nodes selection pan.
When I restart node red I get a drop down error with: "failed to load 'node-red-contrib-revpi-nodes/revpi-nodes' syntaxerror: unexpected token '>'.
My versions are nodered = v0.20.7
Node.js = v8.11.1
npm = v6.14.5
Any help would be fantastic.
Thanks
jgerlach-erminas
Official 3rd Party Support Erminas

Post by jgerlach-erminas »

Hi all,

@David_GT @rp-gill
we will look into this and try to release a new version where the "dummy package solution" by bcsander is not needed anymore.

@Pac_8
When I restart node red I get a drop down error with: "failed to load 'node-red-contrib-revpi-nodes/revpi-nodes' syntaxerror: unexpected token '>'.
This sound like a different problem. We are also looking into this and will get to you when we have new information.

Greetings,
Jones
rp-gill

Post by rp-gill »

Hello jgerlach-erminas,
do you have a date for relrease ?
For me the "dummy package solution" does not work.

Br,
Gill
jgerlach-erminas
Official 3rd Party Support Erminas

Post by jgerlach-erminas »

Hi,
@David_GT
you said the "dummy package" installation is not working for you. Could you try the following workaround? (on german also here). In our view the noderedrevpinodes-server is not broken and nodered will stay as needed dependency. Upgrading Node-RED via the script is circumventing the official package manager of raspbian.

Anyway you can use the following steps if you still want to use a newer Node-RED version:

1. Upgrade Node-RED (Node-RED version: v1.0.6, Node.js version: v12.18.0)

Code: Select all

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered)
2. Download noderedrevpinodes-server package without installing it

sudo apt-get install --download-only noderedrevpinodes-server
3. Install downloaded package without reinstalling the nodered dependency :

sudo dpkg -i --ignore-depends=nodered /var/cache/apt/archives/noderedrevpinodes-server_1.0.1_all.deb
4. Start noderedrevpinodes-server:

sudo systemctl start noderedrevpinodes-server
5. Start Node-RED:

node-red

6. Install node-red-contrib-revpi-nodes in the Node-RED palette manager

7. Remove nodered dependency to prevent further problems with apt. This will leave the system in a potential unstable configuration, do it on your own risk:

sudo nano /var/lib/dpkg/status
Change
Depends: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~), python3 (>= 3.5.3-1), python3-revpimodio2 (>= 2.4.2-1), nodered (>= 0.2)
to
Depends: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~), python3 (>= 3.5.3-1), python3-revpimodio2 (>= 2.4.2-1)
under
Package: noderedrevpinodes-server
This is a workaround and not the officially supported installation procedure.

Greetings,
Jonas
h2oil

Post by h2oil »

jgerlach-erminas wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 17:05 Hi,
@David_GT
you said the "dummy package" installation is not working for you. Could you try the following workaround? (on german also here). In our view the noderedrevpinodes-server is not broken and nodered will stay as needed dependency. Upgrading Node-RED via the script is circumventing the official package manager of raspbian.

Anyway you can use the following steps if you still want to use a newer Node-RED version:

1. Upgrade Node-RED (Node-RED version: v1.0.6, Node.js version: v12.18.0)

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered)
2. Download noderedrevpinodes-server package without installing it

sudo apt-get install --download-only noderedrevpinodes-server
3. Install downloaded package without reinstalling the nodered dependency :

sudo dpkg -i --ignore-depends=nodered /var/cache/apt/archives/noderedrevpinodes-server_1.0.1_all.deb
4. Start noderedrevpinodes-server:

sudo systemctl start noderedrevpinodes-server
5. Start Node-RED:

node-red

6. Install node-red-contrib-revpi-nodes in the Node-RED palette manager

7. Remove nodered dependency to prevent further problems with apt. This will leave the system in a potential unstable configuration, do it on your own risk:

sudo nano /var/lib/dpkg/status
Change
Depends: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~), python3 (>= 3.5.3-1), python3-revpimodio2 (>= 2.4.2-1), nodered (>= 0.2)
to
Depends: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~), python3 (>= 3.5.3-1), python3-revpimodio2 (>= 2.4.2-1)
under
Package: noderedrevpinodes-server
This is a workaround and not the officially supported installation procedure.

Greetings,
Jonas
Has this been fixed yet? Is this the only workaround at the moment still?
D.Costa

Post by D.Costa »

The behavior with Node-RED node-red-contrib-revpi-nodes is totally random. With fresh installation it works on a CPU; with the same flow I test to and other CPU with fresh install and it don't work; Now I have server errors:

pi@RevPi:~ $ node-red-log
Try to reconnect - Attempt: 1
Connecting to WS Server wss://127.0.0.1:8000
ERROR Connection to server error: Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established
Lost connection to WS Server!
I try the propoused solutions ,re install node-red etc... without success.

Any way to solve that server problems? I try with "localhost" and "127.0.0.1". Node-red is running in my RevPi Connect+ 16GB v1.0 (Working node was on v1.1 Connect+ 16GB).

EDIT:

Solved --> viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1852&p=10094#p10094