RevPi lite image

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
fiLLLip
Answers: 0

RevPi lite image

Post by fiLLLip »

Hi, we have gotten a few RevPi Core 3+ that we are going to use as Greengrass Core. In other words, we only need a stripped down version of the RevPi image without all the RevPi specific software. What is the best way to achieve this? I have taken a look at some approaches:
  • Prepare everything in one of the RevPi's and create a image and use this to flash the others?
  • Install Raspbian Lite from the official Raspberry Pi webpage? (To get Buster)
  • Use Imagebakery and modify this to only include what we want?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPi lite image

Post by dirk »

Hi fiLLLip, I would suggest the last option with Imagebakery .
fiLLLip

Post by fiLLLip »

If I understand it correctly I only need to run the build_image.sh script, and can I base it on 2019-04-08-raspbian-stretch-lite ?
fiLLLip

Post by fiLLLip »

I managed to successfully build a new stripped down image, and have two new questions:
  • The revpi-factory-reset command is not present, so my mac address, serial and password is wrong. I included the revpi apt repo, but apt-file did not find the command/file. Where can I get this command? I included the following packages:
    raspberrypi-kernel
    revpi-firmware
    revpi-repo
    revpi-tools
  • The first time an (on raspberry pi with uncustomized raspbian) image is run, it usually resizes the partition to fill the available space. Now I had to do this manually. How do I automatically do this on first boot?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi use "dpkg -S revpi-factory-reset" to see which package you need to install. The first time resize job is also included in the "revpi-factory-reset" tool.
fiLLLip

Post by fiLLLip »

Found it in the "piSerial" package! Everything working now :)