EtherCAT communications

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Ibrahim Stracey
Answers: 0

EtherCAT communications

Post by Ibrahim Stracey »

Hello,

I currently have a RevPi Core as well as a DIO and EtherCAT module. I uploaded the ECT file for the EtherCAT module to my PLC software (Sysmac Studio). My problem is that there seems to be a communications error between my PLC and the RevPi setup. Its possible that I have simply not configured it properly, but with other EtherCAT slaves, the ECT file was enough to auto-configure the component. My question is, what is the process of configuring the RevPi Core and modules to work over the EtherCAT network as a slave? I wish to use the DIO pins and read/write data to/from the RevPi directly from my PLC. I can't seem to find a tutorial that explains how to do this.

Thank you
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: EtherCAT communications

Post by dirk »

Hi Ibrahim Stracey, have a look at the tutorial How to Configure RevPi Gate for EtherCAT.
You have to start wit a PiCtory configuration]. Have a look at the Video Tutorial 09 – PiCtory.
The Ether CAT module has to be the outermost position from the RevPi Core module. I.e. [EterCAT]-[DIO]-[Core] or [EterCAT]-[Core]-[DIO].
Place your modules the same position. Then you may access the data using the piTest tool.
Ibrahim Stracey
Answers: 0

Post by Ibrahim Stracey »

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for your reply. I've looked at the Pictory stuff and set it up. My issue is how would my PLC "know" what is connected to the EtherCAT module? It doesn't seem like the Pictory setup outputs an updated ECT file.

Thanks,

Ibrahim
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »