Flashing/Imaging multiple Rev Pi's?

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
camow7
Answers: 0

Flashing/Imaging multiple Rev Pi's?

Post by camow7 »

What is the process for imaging multiple Rev Pi's. I have a system that is setup perfectly with all my dependcies and network configurations. I would like to now back up the system and duplicate it on multiple units for deploying more of these systems.

My question is, if I image the Rev Pi won't it have the incorrect serial and MAC address?

Do I have to go in and re-configure the serial and MAC for each unti I need to deploy?

Is there a tutorial on how to use the imagebakery to setup up images with a static IP on ethernet out of the box?
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Re: Flashing/Imaging multiple Rev Pi's?

Post by nicolaiB »

We are using ansible for mass provisioning. The Mac address and serial could be autodiscovered via dhcp so the only manual detail you need to store is the initial password. With that you should be able to access the stock firmware via ssh and configure everything with ansible.
stephan
Answers: 0

Re: Flashing/Imaging multiple Rev Pi's?

Post by stephan »

@nicolai would you mind providing more details on how you use Ansible for mass production? Some links to documentation for better guidance would also help, as I'm fairly new to ansible (haven't used it yet), but also have the challenge on mass producing RevPis with our desired configuration. Thanks