Open PLC Editor - IO Addressing

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
CemE
Answers: 0

Open PLC Editor - IO Addressing

Post by CemE »

Hello,

I want to use Open PLC Editor for a project that includes RevPi Connect + DIO modules. After I download a PLC project to RevPi Connect with OPEN PLC editor, RevPi Connect and DIO modules power led turn into red.
I think problem is about IO addressing/location. I opened Pictory and checked the different types of IO addressing manuals that depend on Editor and language(logical, logicad, codesys) and none of these given ones is useful for me so where can i find the correct writing of IO addressing for Open PLC Editor?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Open PLC Editor - IO Addressing

Post by dirk »

The Open PLC runtime is available for the RaspberryPi. The RevPi I/Os do not use GPIOs. It uses the process image instead. Therefore the runtime has to be adapted to fit the requirements for the RevPi. You could talk to the manufacturer of the software if they are willig to invest this effort to make it possible to work. The Git HUB repository is free available to show how to create the access here and to build a kernel module.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear CemE, I have posted that here is a demand for help for new hardware support in the OpenPLC forum, here. Let's see what happens. Hopefully there will be a good exchange of knowledge here.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear CemE, sorry for my absence but we are currently discussing the options. Well letz see what we will decide and do. I have posted an update also in the OpenPLC forum, here.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Der CemE we have decided to do a hardware sponsoring for the OpenPLC project. Have a look at the OpenPLC forum thread also.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi CemE, we seam to have progress here, have a look at this post. It seams that the RevPi Integration is working. Would you be so kind to test this software and give Thiago a feedback?
clueless

Post by clueless »

Hi,

Sorry for the necromancy, but are there any updates on OpenPLC integration? This combination seems very promising as your hardware platform appears more robust than the alternatives and a driver already exists.

Are there any further plans to move ahead with this? If testing is still what's required I might be able to help.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi clueless, this is a good question. Please ask Thiago here. As he mentioned the first release is ready to test. Helping hands are always welcome.
etienne1984

Post by etienne1984 »

Hello,

We tested in my company "RevPi Core 3+" + "RevPi DIO" + "RevPi AIO", following the above procedure.

Everything worked fine, OpenPLC compilation, configuration etc., we had only three problems :
  • service starting OpenPLC webserver at end of installation did not work, even after reboot (we started server by hand, reading command in .service file)
  • loosing some time to understand how to configure locations in OpenPLCEditor
  • then we had digital IO working fine but not analog IO detected.
Concerning the last point, we processed to a minor fix to blank.txt driver of thiagoralves, and analog device worked: please see corresponding post, scroll to bottom : https://openplc.discussion.community/po ... 1&trail=45

Please note that the post is in the wrong thread because probably of bugs in openplc forum, I posted in correct thread and it posted and displayed my message to another I never visited, dont' know why ?...