Best architecture of a program to run on RevPi with multiple libraries and functions required

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
JeffCalgary
Answers: 0

Best architecture of a program to run on RevPi with multiple libraries and functions required

Post by JeffCalgary »

Advice on program architecture:

We are looking for some guidance on how we should go about integrating some code components together running on the RevPi.

We have created three libraries for our tasks:

1- Compute library that has the math functions we need
2-Control libary that will determine the value of a variable that will need to be converted into an analog signal and sent to the real world. The coversion of DI to AI has not been implemented inside this library, just calculations
3-A set of instructions for packaging the data and communicating with our database on the cloud

We need to now write a program to act as the glue for these components and also handle the communications and real world i/o

We are wondering what are the most appropriate tools to write this program?

None of us have any experience with these devices so we really appreciate your help.
zwanzig
Answers: 0

Re: Best architecture of a program to run on RevPi with multiple libraries and functions required

Post by zwanzig »

I would suggest python.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Best architecture of a program to run on RevPi with multiple libraries and functions required

Post by dirk »

Dear JeffCalgary, this is hard to answer but I'll give you some hints. Maybe Pathon is interesting for a "glue" general purpose scripting language. But it could also be a good idea to use Codesys or Logi.CAD which act as a software SPS. Another option could be Node-RED which enables easy workflows.