Module is NOT present, data is NOT available!!!

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
akash.sharma
Answers: 0

Post by akash.sharma »

I see many people asking about an error message stating "Module is present but not configured". Those posts seem to include a message "Module is NOT present, data is NOT available!!!" although the poster didn't seem to be asking about THAT message. Well, that is the message I am seeing with no mention of the module not being configured:

>>>
Found 2 devices:

Address: 0 module type: 105 (0x69) RevPi Connect V1.0
Module is present
input offset: 113 length: 6
output offset: 119 length: 5

Address: 31 module type: 32864 (0x8060) RevPi DIO V0.0
input offset: 0 length: 70
output offset: 70 length: 18
>>>

I've attached my Pictory layout:
pictory.PNG
pictory.PNG (207.3 KiB) Viewed 6631 times
The instructions say to use "File >> Save". I didn't see "Save" so I was struggling with "File >> Save As" which also didn't seem to work. Finally I tried "File >> Save as Start-Config." and that followed by "Tools >> Reset Driver" got me to this point. What am I doing wrong?!? Thanks in advance.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Module is NOT present, data is NOT available!!!

Post by dirk »

Dear akash.sharma, there is maybe a small difference in the actual PiCtory menue and our tutorials so sorry for this. But you made the configuration the right way_
  1. Configure the Modules i.e. RevPi Connect, DIO
  2. File -> Save as start config
  3. Tools -> Reset driver
If you see that kind of "module not connected" message then maybe there is a problem with the ramp delay of the power supply.
What are the Status LEDs indicating? Are there Power LEDs that are blinking red?
The power supply from our shop is switching within 5ms to 24V and with this speed we have no problems.
But we have seen erroneous behaviour in case this delay is much higher.
Please make an oscilloscope trace of your power switching delay to check this.
Please also check the PiBridge connection. Maybe you simply have a bad connection here and this problem is solved quickly.
Last but not least update to the latest image which is currently Stretch (03/2019).
akash.sharma

Post by akash.sharma »

Thanks Dirk. Sorry again for the delay in responding to your help. I'm still getting used to the forum and, on this question, I forgot to check the box that requested a notification on response. Yes, I stumbled on the "Save as start config" solution (again shortly after my post)! After that things worked much better. That is until I started writing some Python code! But I mentioned that in ANOTHER post.

Thanks again for all the help!
Adineh

Post by Adineh »

Hello,
###########
Please note that I have already fixed the issue by placing the DIO module on the left side of RevPi connect. Hopefully, there is no physical issue!
###########
I encountered the same error while using piTest -d. The output revealed two devices:

1. Address: 0, Module type: 136 (0x88), RevPi Connect 4 V1.0
- Module is present
- Input offset: 0, Length: 6
- Output offset: 6, Length: 7

2. Address: 32, Module type: 32864 (0x8060), RevPi DIO V0.0
- Module is NOT present, data is NOT available!!!
- Input offset: 13, Length: 70
- Output offset: 83, Length: 18

It's worth noting that in PiCtory I renamed digital input pins 7 and 8 to PinA and PinB. When I executed the command piTest -r PinA, no errors were reported, but the result was zero.

FYI, PinA and PinB are connected to an encoder (HTL).

Below, I've outlined my setup, which comprises RevPi Connect, DIO, and AIO (Not use in the current setup).
setup.jpg
PiCtory-1.png