Unable to update RevPi DIO Firmware

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
akash.sharma
Answers: 0

Unable to update RevPi DIO Firmware

Post by akash.sharma »

I'm following the instructions to update firmware for a module: https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... re-update/

I am trying to follow specific instruction 'V.' under the 'Let's Go!' section. Unfortunately when I try to drag the module (RevPi DIO) to the right of the Core (I think it is RevPi Connect V1 - it has two Ethernet ports) I get the following error:

ERR_RIGHT_INVALID_PRODUCTTYPE (allowed: 109, 110, 111)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Unable to update RevPi DIO Firmware

Post by dirk »

Dear akash.sharma, never mind help is near.. So you have two Ethernet ports? Then you have a RevPi Connect module. Then the link you posted is unfortunately not the correct one as it is for the RevPi Core Modules.
Please use the RevPi Connect Tutorial for firmware update.
Now comes the important part - connect just one (1) module on the left side of the RevPi Connect and follow the instructions of the tutorial.

When you update the firmware the PiCtory configuration is not important. But the PiCtory error message that you have posted is right.
So when you have finished the update then please note that you may use just the "Con" Modules on the right side, i.e. RevPi Con CAN, RevPi Con M-Bus, etc. ;)
akash.sharma
Answers: 0

Re: Unable to update RevPi DIO Firmware

Post by akash.sharma »

Thanks Dirk. Sorry for the delay in responding. I had already understood that I was on the wrong page shortly after I posted the question. I realized that my controller was called "Connect" and the other one was "Core" (I didn't order the items so I didn't realize that "Core" was an actual model name and didn't mean "controller"). Once I realized that I eventually found a page that showed that the "Connect" shipped with "Stretch" and the other shipped with "Jessie" (I think). After that, when I went to the page I sent you, I noticed "Jessie" in parentheses at the top of the page and I realized it couldn't be the controller I had. Then I went back to the main Kunbus page and arrived at the right instructions from the Tutorials link.

I think I landed on the page I sent you through a Google search. If I had started with the Tutorials link on your main site I think I would have arrived at the right one. Once I landed on the wrong page I proceeded not realizing the process could be fairly different from controller to controller. My mistake! I also see now that the the two connections on the controller ("Connect") are keyed differently such that the PiBridge SHOULD not fit on the wrong one. Unfortunately it DID fit! Still no hardware damage as far as I know!

Maybe rather than '(Jessie)' at the top of the page you could say '(Core - one ethernet port)' and '(Connect - two ethernet ports)' or something like that! For those of us who go to Google too quickly!

Thanks!
Akash