OpenPlcProject

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
HowardB
Answers: 0

OpenPlcProject

Post by HowardB »

Hello,

I wanted to find out if you guys have any plans to support openplcproject for the runtime of the revolution pi devices. I saw that you already support codesys and a bunch of other manufacturers support codesys have also added openplcproject as well. I currently have be using the PiXtend 2.1S boards but I would love to have the ability to use you modular i/o boards as well. I have also be using the unipi nueron controllers but they only have 1 analog in and 1 analog out per board so it has been quite hard to get the amount of physical i/o that I require. We have been using openplc now for a little over 2 years and for our SCADA we use Opto22 Groov server. We switched from a lonworks based system that was just getting ridiculous to support and interface to. Plus the Lonmaker tool is terrible when you have got multiple installers working on the system. I have been looking into Opto22's Epic devices but they are very large and expensive plus they don't have all of the i/o modules available yet, it is a brand new line of devices for them. Your revolution pi series have a really nice price point and I love that they are open source that is exactly what we are looking for. I just don't want to start depending on codesys for the iec requirement we have, we really like the openness of openplcproject and having node-red to act as a gateway on each device to interface with bacnet and other devices is amazing. We really need a device with more i/o in a smaller package and with the analog resolution that your devices have. Please let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
HowardB
Eduard
KUNBUS
Answers: 0

Re: OpenPlcProject

Post by Eduard »

See here.