No output to monitor on 1st startup

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
rossyduck
Answers: 0

No output to monitor on 1st startup

Post by rossyduck »

I have received my first Rev Pi 3. I have plugged in keyboard and monitor - but on start up the monitor goes blank. The normal cycle between digital/ analogue stops and the screen is just black. Is this normal ? How do I get something displayed on the monitor ?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: No output to monitor on 1st startup

Post by dirk »

Hi this should not happen. Long ago a HDMI monitor had to be connected during power on in order to work but nowadays HDMI works always. Can you verify that the wiring and the monitor works as expected? Can you switch to another monitor or cable?
rossyduck

Post by rossyduck »

The monitor works well with a raspberry pi. The cable was brand new and has been swapped already.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

I send you an RMA via EMail.
rossyduck

Post by rossyduck »

Dirk,

Thank you very much. I have it working on another monitor now - but it steadfastly refuses to work with this particular monitor. I would rather not RMA it.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Okay I have understood and revoked the RMA, thank you for your message and your tests. This helps us all. So maybe you re-check your monitor and the connections.
rossyduck

Post by rossyduck »

Dirk,

The rev pi works fine on another monitor - just this particular monitor which I normally use for pi setups. It is a Samsung CM22w5.