Kunbus Serial Gatreway

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
RBevin707
Answers: 0

Kunbus Serial Gatreway

Post by RBevin707 »

Hi, I am trying to use a Rev Pi Connect with a Kunbus Serial Gateway module. I am having trouble getting it to read RS232. I have it connected and configured the module correctly. I have tried setting it up using the PiCtory software but when i try add the card "Gateway Serial" using the software I get an error that reads "ERR_EXCLUDED_DEVICE_PRESENT: [id^='device_RevPiGate']". I have a RevPi Connect and a RevPi Con CAN module in the software aswell, couId this be causing my error, or do I need to use a RevPi Core with this module?

Thanks

Ryan
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Kunbus Serial Gatreway

Post by dirk »

Dear Ryan, the RevPi Gate Serial Slave needs to have a script defined by you in order to. To load scripts onto the RevPi Gate Serial, this USB-PiBridge Plug (Item-No.: 100101) is mandatory. The software is called KUNBUS Scripter free available here: https://www.kunbus.com/downloads.html There are examples scripts in the user manual which you can find on the same page. This is necessary because the serial protocol just defines bytes and not data frames. So if you want to interpret a line like "123.45\r\n" as a data set you have to write a script according to that application. Regarding the error in PiCtory I am not sure how this may happen. But I will review this in the team. The configuration of your module setup should look like this:
PiCtory Configuration
PiCtory Configuration
2019-04-26 13_12_27-PiCtory - 1.4.1.png (159.53 KiB) Viewed 5204 times
Mattse122
Answers: 0

Post by Mattse122 »

Hello,

that the same problem i have. Is there any solution to read the seriell Data? May be a example script?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi, please have a look at the documentation of the Scripter for an example script. Here is a script that connects a weather station
WeatherStation.zip
WeatherStation
(568 Bytes) Downloaded 434 times