CodeSys Service Exited

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Cursedmilk
Answers: 0

CodeSys Service Exited

Post by Cursedmilk »

Hello,

I may be doing something wrong during the install but I have followed https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... einbinden/ to the letter and still cannot get anywhere.

I can install the package onto the RevPi and can start the service, however, in system info from CodeSys I get this info (See first attachment) and on the Pi I can see the service going from running to exited after about 45 seconds after service start

I can make it run again for another 45-60 seconds by running a sudo /etc/init.d/codesyscontrol start but after that it will become exited again and disconnect me from being online with codesys (See second attachment)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sam
Attachments
CodeSysInfo.png
CodeSysInfo.png (30.03 KiB) Viewed 5134 times
RevPiShell.png
RevPiShell.png (137.9 KiB) Viewed 5134 times
Cursedmilk

Re: CodeSys Service Exited

Post by Cursedmilk »

Any input on this issue? Disappointingly, it makes the RevPi useless to me.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Dear Cursedmilk, please excuse the long response delay. The Codesys runtime is a 3rd party software so we here have no deep knowledge what could be the root cause of the error.
First please make a backup of your system so that your license and other data is safe.
Then flash the RevPi Stretch Image
The Video tutorial Revolution Pi : Tutorial 01 EN - Creation of an image shows how this works.
After you have a fresh system again setup Codesys.
Cursedmilk

Post by Cursedmilk »

Hi Dirk,

Very interestingly, the Stretch image seems to work correctly with the CodeSys package...

Very strange!

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards,

Sam Goldsmith
nirvana_xun

Post by nirvana_xun »

On the Codesys official site, it says that codesys combining raspberry PI can only achieve 50~400us task jitter, that is not tolerable for an industry application. How is your application with PI, can it achieve realtime task? could you let me know the result, thanks.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Dear nirvana_xun, have a look at this post which explains how to set RT priority for Codesys.