e04.json is missing in Pictory

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
hikaru2001
Answers: 0

e04.json is missing in Pictory

Post by hikaru2001 »

I do the guideline of how to Integrate RevPiLib into CODESYS by link https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... rect=en_US

I want to export the global variables of Rev Core 3 to Codesys v3.5. However I can't find the template of e04.json in the pictory. My pictory version is 1.3.4. My Rev Core 3 is with Jessie.

Is there something wrong with my pictory?
gian

Re: e04.json is missing in Pictory

Post by gian »

Hello,

I had the same problem, time ago, with a RevPi Connect. Did you updated and upgraded Jessie or Stretch ?
I solved the issue by re-installing a fresh Stretch image ( https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... ll-jessie/ ) .

Hope this help.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi, the necessary steps you have to perform are in the Readme.txt of the file you have downloaded.
hikaru2001

Post by hikaru2001 »

Hi dirk,
I open the readme.txt and in the end of the file. It says that it only works with "Stretch" image.
However my Rev Core 3 is installed with "Jessie" image, will that method still work?

The content of the readme.txt:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
To "export" the global variables for Codesys in piCtory, the following files must be replaced in RevPi.

main.js -> /var/www/pictory/resources/js
config.json -> /var/www/pictory/resources/data/patterns/export
e04.json -> /var/www/pictory/resources/data/patterns/export

Attention! The exchange only works with the "Stretch" image.
hikaru2001

Post by hikaru2001 »

I find Jessie can also work with e04.json.
However not every browser is compatible with pictory. I can use IE to read e04.json while Firefox can't.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hello brave RevPi developers ;) The features of the RevPiLib are provided for experimental use. So yes you have to read some readme files and perform unhandy work and yes maybe there is no guarantee for reliability and compatibility with all browsers.