Bad DIO module?

Moderator: RevPiModIO

technex
Answers: 0

Bad DIO module?

Post by technex »

I have just set up a Core3 and DIO module to begin a project. I've set up the system mostly following the RS/Designspark tutorial and I'm now at the stage where the RevPi is configured and ready for me to add my own code.

I have put together a little test rig and wired up some LED Pilot lights to 4 of the outputs and a simple NO pushbutton switch to an Input. Starting Revpipycontrol.exe I can connect to the RevPi, I then go to PLC watch mode, click the DIO module and tick the option to autorefresh and to write values to IO. So far so good, no errors. If I then tick an output, no voltage appears at the output pin. If I click my pushbutton, no input value changes.

So, am I doing something wrong? Is my DIO module faulty?

Look forwards to your ideas on how to resolve this.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Bad DIO module?

Post by dirk »

Hi technex, I have moved your post here as the RevPiModIO guys are involved in the RevPiPyControl project. Generally you have to setup your configuration with PiCtory then you may test the IOs using piTest.
technex
Answers: 0

Re: Bad DIO module?

Post by technex »

Hi Dirk, I have set up a configuration with PiCtory already and tried several permutations (push-pull on, off etc) with the same result.